PDA

View Full Version : My setup!

Arnoldo Offermann
02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Some of you know that I've been modding the cases and such on my setup. It's finally done and here's quick video of everything together. Here's the overall look:

2 TTs on Timecode
Denon MC6000 as the mixer. Why this mixer? If a TT goes down I can use the platters on the MC6000 (I use VDJ now, not Serato. Let's not start a war since most VDJ bashers can't even mix without colored waveforms, haha)

The three cases vs coffin allows this ENTIRE setup, even sound, to fit in a small sedan.

Cases are locked in with custom brackets.

Powercon connectors on the bottom.

RCAs and LED control hookups on the side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgL1IVyJnzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgL1IVyJnzA

DTR
02-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Awesome. How long does it take to set up, start to finish?

Arnoldo Offermann
02-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Umm... with sound and all? About 30 mins.

My old setup was 5 minutes (literally), but I like this look A LOT better.

jboogey
02-17-2013, 01:45 PM
thats the blacklabel foldout table stand thing 9000 from odyssey right?

DjLiquitATL
02-17-2013, 01:58 PM
looks good

fatcatdj
02-17-2013, 04:24 PM
nice! Ever think about getting a 40" LED (or smaller) tv screen (or monitor) and facing it out to the dancefloor with your VDJ program so they can see whats happening?
Lately I've been dj'ing, ass out front so patrons can see what I'm doing. (Like the Great Oz when the curtain was revealed)
Being behind a laptop screen doesn't seem proactive and boring for patrons. Like being in front of a hotel check in or rental car clerk.
Ass out front though assy is good IMO they can't see the gaggle of cords
behind the turntables/mixer/laptop either

Back in the 20-tens, I went to a dj scratch event. Boring as hell. All you see were guys behind a laptop, couldn't see
what the hell they were doing. We left early.

Gerardamo
02-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Wow props for building a proper set up!

Arnoldo Offermann
02-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Thanks, all. Fatcat.. yes I have. The question is HOW to build it in there and not have it crack!