PDA

View Full Version : Having difficulties making a solid mix, feedback please.

Chrome Knobs
02-15-2013, 09:25 PM
So i've been recording my mixes for over a year now and they still aren't appealing or getting any attention. Any reason why? My preferred genre is psychedelic trance. I'm guessing people don't really listen to that anymore? More of DnB and "trap". Is psychedelic trance more just an under ground scene? Because I hardly ever hear any feedback on my psychedelic mixes.
Link to my mixes.
https://soundcloud.com/house-productions

DJNGAGE
02-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Promotion, promote on fb, twitter and all social media netowrks. Have your friends comment and even other dj's of the same genre. Maybe you should try other genres? IDK i do all genres ...just a thought.

aaron altar
02-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Ummm... Haven't we already had this conversation?

Dj A.M.F.
02-20-2013, 11:19 AM
I just listened to one of your mixes ("Adapt"). I'm not much into trance, but I thought it was decent. You have to put your stuff in the faces of people who like this type of music. Post your mixes on websites/forums that deal with trance. You have to be realistic, trance is not the most popular type of music in the US. So you are probably gonna have to find sites that are in other countries.

Do you DJ in clubs? If so, press up some CDs and give 'em out. Or find where trance (or underground edm) is played in your area and give out CDs there.

You've been DJing for only a year... getting known in the DJ biz is a looong road (and never ending). So don't get discouraged. Just keep at it.

Chrome Knobs
02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah trance is really underground here in the US. Makes it hard to get noticed, but I purchased tickets to some underground scenes to hopefully meet people in the scene. Im a bedroom dj at the moment. Haven't done a house party or performed live in front of an audience.

Dubphyte
02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
So i've been recording my mixes for over a year now and they still aren't appealing or getting any attention. Any reason why? My preferred genre is psychedelic trance. I'm guessing people don't really listen to that anymore? More of DnB and "trap". Is psychedelic trance more just an under ground scene? Because I hardly ever hear any feedback on my psychedelic mixes.
Link to my mixes.
https://soundcloud.com/house-productions

Just find a style you are into and then really use that style to the max. A DJ's style is like a fingerprint, everyone has a different style. I personally love messing with the EQ during the song and love long fades. But i hate using cuts to mix between songs and only really use effects to help a transition. But if in doubt, a nice long build up to a well-known and well loved song can really make a mix. The trick is to tease the audience. Give them a little taste of what is coming but keep it from them until just the right moment, then give them what they want. But be careful otherwise they get bored waiting and stop listening!

Vernski
03-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Umm over 47000 plays and loads of comments seems good to me. You're on a good thing I reckon.