PDA

View Full Version : Piano plugins

alexreedDJ
02-15-2013, 09:49 AM
What plugins would you guys recommend for creating acoustic piano sounds? There's a couple in nexus but they're not the best quality and are WAY overused.

I've heard some good things about the kontact piano, so might look into that maybe?

ezelkow1
02-15-2013, 10:27 AM
For me the ones that come with live7/8/(and new ones)9 and kontakt have always been just fine, but then again I dont really find myself using an acoustic piano sound that often. Id first check whatever comes with your daw and see if those sound fine to you since most of the bigger daws all include some sort of piano setup

Also when in doubt just drench it in reverb and a bit of delay, that can always cover up a lackluster sounding sample (and probably what is done in nexus) :)

disparate
02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
I've got the New York Concert Grand library for Kontakt, it sounds great. Possibly excessive depending on what you're wanting to do but if you want the sound of a well-recorded expensive piano it's nice - to be honest I never really use it in tracks, just on the occasions when I like to pretend to be a piano player...

alexreedDJ
02-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I've got the New York Concert Grand library for Kontakt, it sounds great. Possibly excessive depending on what you're wanting to do but if you want the sound of a well-recorded expensive piano it's nice - to be honest I never really use it in tracks, just on the occasions when I like to pretend to be a piano player...

Haha, sounds good. Makes me regret only getting a 25 key midi keyboard :(

login
02-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I don't like NI pianos, the giant is the more interesting soundwise but for solo stuff I couldn't like it.

Right now I use the free version of XLN Addictive Keys (limited to 4 octaves), and the grand piano is just 49. Sounds great, it's small, no dongles, many great options in mics position and good effects.

The new one in ableton isn't bad either, but limited in options.

The problem with the other great sounding libraries (ivory piano) is that you need fast computer and then the stupid dongle, and they dont distribute digitally. :(

DJ-Veaux
02-15-2013, 06:32 PM
I personally just use fruity keys. Its simple, sounds good yet it has enough controls you can mess with to make your own piano sound.

thehadgi
02-15-2013, 07:21 PM
I use abletonz. Works great for most everything. A little more mellow than the 'super-trancey-avicii' nexus piano, but I like it for that

Mystic
02-15-2013, 09:41 PM
I use East West Pianos. Use to use Synthogy Ivory and might get Ivory 2.

alexreedDJ
02-16-2013, 06:16 AM
I've heard some good stuff about ivory as well but as login said, it takes up a lot of memory and i don't have the fastest computer

thehadgi
02-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Ni has some good ones maybe you could demo?

login
02-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Ni has some good ones maybe you could demo?

One trick, you can buy the product to get the download and install it, run it as a demo but not activate if you just wanna try. If you dont like it you can resell the license, but once activated it can't be reselled.