PDA

View Full Version : AiAiAi TMA-1 Headphones

Nicadraus
02-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Has anybody tried using this (http://aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1) headphone?

http://4.design-milk.com/images/2010/09/TMA-1-headphones-aiaiai-1.jpg

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/aiaiai-tma-1-headphones-front.jpg

I have tried my friend's pair and it's fantastic! It feels so light like there's nothing on your head. The head band looks very sturdy. The ear cups are easily interchangeable/replaceable as well as the cord wire. Sound quality is pretty neat too. Plus the isolation is great. Not as great as the HD-280's isolation but it's still very effective.

So anybody else here has tried it yet? :)

Nick Bike
02-22-2012, 12:27 PM
all my friends who own them, love them

Jason Cerna
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
i retired my sonys last thursday and i've been looking at this headphone for a good year now. i'm gonna pickup a set soon - the dj version. i don't need the iphone mic thing.

Nicadraus
02-23-2012, 01:32 AM
i retired my sonys last thursday and i've been looking at this headphone for a good year now. i'm gonna pickup a set soon - the dj version. i don't need the iphone mic thing.

Give us a review as soon as you get one. I have been a Sennheiser user for 13 straight years now. One e2200 and two HD280 Pro. I have tried all sorts of headphones from Pioneer, Sony, Ultrasone, A&H, Technics, etc. But the most that got my attention and liking is this TMA-1. It might be my next headphones when I retire my second set of HD280 at home next year. :)

DJNR
02-23-2012, 02:18 AM
I keep hearing about these headphones. Everyone I know that has them loves them.

Bassline Brine
02-25-2012, 10:48 AM
I owned them.

They sounded great honestly, but I liked the response better of my friend's Xone 53's. I just bought a set of HDJ-2000's for myself, and they also sound better, even without the break in yet. (personal opinion).

They were light and pretty comfortable. I guess I prefer over rather than on ear's though.

Honestly though they are solid, and decent if you want on-ear's that look really damned sharp. I bought them once, so I made that same decision.

Liam
02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I used my mates one for a gig once and to be honest i didn't like them that much, i didn't think the build quality was as good as the Senns HD25's didn't think they sounded as good, bit bass heavy but that's just my opinion, my two mates love them!

But even my negative thoughts want me to buy a pair!

Dremo
02-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I have used them for a year or so. Overall pretty happy about them, but there's some issues.

The underside of the head band(where the aiaiai logo is) is a bit hard, and it's sometimes uncomfortable when I spin for several hours. So if you have short hair like I do, and wear them mostly on your head, that could bug you.
I also feel the isolation could be better. Sometimes I need to press the cans against my ears when i'm in a louder environment.

But then again, these issues could be the shape of my head/ears. I didn't try them out before i bought them, and would rather go for the HDJ-2000's if I knew of these problems.