PDA

View Full Version : New Idea, Your Thoughts???

ChrisHynds
02-22-2012, 06:56 AM
I was thinking, what about having a Mix of the Month and Track of the Month section in the Forums somewhere???

Not sure if it would be best to pick a set for each Genre or best to just select 1 mix/track out of everything, Im just throwing ideas out while I type here so feel free to jump in with suggestions. Picking a set & track from each genre might be tricky, what do youse think?

There should be a rule that only submissions that are technically sound should be entered so that we dont have a million noobies posting there "MY 1st mix" and wasting time.

Track/Mix submissions would be entered into a separate Mix of the Month & Track Of The Month section in the forums and put up for open votes - May need to work out a way to limit the amount of entries????

Just throwing this out there to see what you'se think?? Feel free to add/criticise where necessary :)

blackfoxbb
02-22-2012, 07:03 AM
good idea.

Manu
02-22-2012, 07:05 AM
There was a thread before for five star mixes before, like mixes of the month. I remember being the first one being featured a few years a go :P (The Blue pill, 5 stars :D)and a few times afterwards. The old system was if you score 5 stars you would be nominated for being included in the best mixes of the month.

There was also another sticky about best mixes, but it was on recommendation only, I recall it gathering dust.

DTR
02-22-2012, 07:42 AM
There was also another sticky about best mixes, but it was on recommendation only, I recall it gathering dust.

... and getting spammed by people posting their own mixes.

Some of the genre sections of the forum (dnb at least) already have a Bomb Ass Track Of The Day thread.

ChrisHynds
02-22-2012, 07:45 AM
... and getting spammed by people posting their own mixes.

Some of the genre sections of the forum (dnb at least) already have a Bomb Ass Track Of The Day thread.

Yea but I mean a Mix or Track produced by a member of the forums :)

ChrisHynds
02-22-2012, 07:46 AM
There was a thread before for five star mixes before, like mixes of the month. I remember being the first one being featured a few years a go :P (The Blue pill, 5 stars :D)and a few times afterwards. The old system was if you score 5 stars you would be nominated for being included in the best mixes of the month.

Yea I do remember this, I think they had it as a genre based thing and it wasnt updated very often, if it was moderated properly and updated monthly would it create more interest???

John Veselsky
02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
It may be a good idea to have a moderator of sorts for each genre.

login
02-22-2012, 09:24 AM
It would be cool to have something like that, the flood of mixes in the old forum was so big I never feel like entering that section :S

Smallz
02-22-2012, 09:31 AM
I know the DJ sub-reddit on Reddit does a mix of the month. How it's structured is all mixes are submitted to a certain thread, and each mix gets counted as a contestant to win the mix of the month. After a certain period of time, all the mixes are collected, and a new thread starts where all the mixes from the previous thread are put up to a vote by the members through upvoting. Whichever mix recieved the most upvotes won the mix of the month, and the user would receive flare letting the community know that he won for that month.

Not saying this is the best idea for the structure that djf has, but this method seemed to work. One easily noticeable downside is if there are a ton of mixes submitted, so it would be impossible to hear them all, so i do agree with everyone's idea to break it up among genres. But i think this method could work very well.

-J
02-22-2012, 11:56 AM
I do like this idea... would like to leverage stuff like this on the front page a bit better too...

Stripe
02-22-2012, 05:28 PM
was planning on it actually using the ratings system.