PDA

View Full Version : Got a Numark FX5000 and I dont think it is working help!(noob)

OllieSmith
02-22-2012, 05:59 AM
I bought a set up of 2 tt's and a mixer on ebay last year, I finally have a table and some vinyl and a DVS(crap intimidation one mind) and the mixer is not playing. I have it set up properly as a mate who is a DJ talked me through it, But on channel one there is no noise, channel 2 there is noise but it red lights very soon and the sound gets crackly, the cannel 3 is fine and 4 does not work at all :( So I have the decks plugged in to 2 and 3 so I can at least play some records without putting the volume up too much and red lighting it, but now I cant hear both of the decks through the headphones either :lol: I have read the manual, and it is not working all I get is a low buzzing noise on cue so obviously when settings are adjusted I can hear one track not both. The guy sent the decks didnt package them he just sent in a box piled on top of each other ffs one of the tt arms had snapped off and as such written it off, and now it turns out the mixer doesnt work. I bought a cheap tt200 to just get me going not expecting him to have royally done me up the arse. Ebay took his side to in the aftermath I wish I lived close as I would of kicked his arse!
Anyway does it sound like the mixer has had it? It is way too big for my needs anyway I just want 2 channels so I can learn the basics for a hobby. Got taught the basics of beat matching and using pitch controls at college by a pro DJ last year and looking forward to having a rave in my living room :lol:
Also got a new vinyl addiction, wish I had unlimited cash, love looking at the spinning on the decks cant beat it!

Manu
02-22-2012, 06:50 AM
That's why you should try second hand DJ gear before buying it. Of course doing so will rule out ebay, but that's better than buying a lemon. I suppose you could open a paypal dispute instead of egay and file it under "goods not as described" and "goods damaged because not packaged properly"

Cabdoctor
02-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Hmmmm I might be interested in buying your 5000FX. PM me