PDA

View Full Version : technics strobe question..

onecrazygm
02-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Hello im new to the forums and its been a really helpful forum ... I changed the bulbs on my red strobe to blue leds also did all my other. Stuff everything works but the strobe. I put them in like I took em out it worked before. Now on the pcb. There is >| this. Which also the led has inside. Now is that suspose to be matched up or Does the led get installed opposite ? Sorry if im asking anything stuipd I have watched tons of videos, used serach. Nothing that I found thanks

onecrazygm
02-09-2013, 12:56 AM
They are 1200mk2

DTR
02-09-2013, 04:37 AM
This symbol?

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/davetherave_11/e6853e01.jpg

LEDs (before installing) normally have one leg longer than the other. The longer leg is normally the anode, or positive. If your LEDs have that symbol on them too (I've never seen that before) then it should go the same way round as the symbol on the PCB. It sounds like one or more of your LEDs is the wrong way round, or one of your solder joints has failed. Do you have a multimeter?

Nicadraus
02-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Hello im new to the forums and its been a really helpful forum ... I changed the bulbs on my red strobe to blue leds also did all my other. Stuff everything works but the strobe. I put them in like I took em out it worked before. Now on the pcb. There is >| this. Which also the led has inside. Now is that suspose to be matched up or Does the led get installed opposite ? Sorry if im asking anything stuipd I have watched tons of videos, used serach. Nothing that I found thanks

Oddly, the polarity on the strobe PCB on the SL1200 is inverted. All you have to do is remove the LEDs and solder them in the other polarity. That will work. I have done that many times. :)

DjLiquitATL
02-09-2013, 09:55 AM
quick fix is to just swap the 2 main wires going to strobe to reverse the plarity...that way you don't risk messing up the solder points for the leds if you havent done a lot of soldering...plus it saves you a ton of time

onecrazygm
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Yes that is the symbol and thanks guys ill try switching it everybody is so helpful thanks so much ill keep u guys posted on how it turna out
This symbol?

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/davetherave_11/e6853e01.jpg

LEDs (before installing) normally have one leg longer than the other. The longer leg is normally the anode, or positive. If your LEDs have that symbol on them too (I've never seen that before) then it should go the same way round as the symbol on the PCB. It sounds like one or more of your LEDs is the wrong way round, or one of your solder joints has failed. Do you have a multimeter?

onecrazygm
02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I also do. Have a multimeter

DTR
02-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Oddly, the polarity on the strobe PCB on the SL1200 is inverted.

I don't remember this being a problem on any of the decks I've done, but now that you mention it it does ring a bell.... When you say 1200, do you mean it in the literal sense, ie not 1210s? (although that makes no sense in a mass produced product)

Anyhow, follow LiquidATL's suggestion first then let us know how you get on :)

onecrazygm
02-10-2013, 05:02 PM
yes the 1200 mk2 not the 1210 even though i believe its just the color thats the diffrence from what i heard... so if im looking on the pcb it has a plus sign on each led spot just ordered one from kabusa.com would the longer leg go there? to match or would i want that turned around ? any pictures of one off the table?

Nicadraus
02-10-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't remember this being a problem on any of the decks I've done, but now that you mention it it does ring a bell.... When you say 1200, do you mean it in the literal sense, ie not 1210s? (although that makes no sense in a mass produced product)

Anyhow, follow LiquidATL's suggestion first then let us know how you get on :)

Same case for both the 1200 & 1210 Dave. On the PCB, the sign is correct but the LEDs that Technics used have inverted polarities which is so odd. SO I had to follow the symbol & reversed the LEDs. Then they worked. :)

yes the 1200 mk2 not the 1210 even though i believe its just the color thats the diffrence from what i heard... so if im looking on the pcb it has a plus sign on each led spot just ordered one from kabusa.com would the longer leg go there? to match or would i want that turned around ? any pictures of one off the table?

Just reverse the polarity first. You'll save money from ordering a new PCB kit. :)

onecrazygm
02-11-2013, 01:03 AM
k perfect now my only other problem is that my stylus light on both tables never work tryed to replace with led 1k resistor still dont work any sugestions ?? thank you guys have been so helpful

Nicadraus
02-11-2013, 06:14 AM
k perfect now my only other problem is that my stylus light on both tables never work tryed to replace with led 1k resistor still dont work any sugestions ?? thank you guys have been so helpful

Did you replace the bulb with LED? If so, it should work with the 1k resistor. Remember that LEDs have polarity. You also must remove the existing resistor soldered at the switch of the pop-up lamp.

onecrazygm
02-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes replaced with led 1k resistor in line old one cut of.... problem is never new if they ever worked. Is there a way to check that?

djpenguin
02-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Yes replaced with led 1k resistor in line old one cut of.... problem is never new if they ever worked. Is there a way to check that?

Use your multimeter to check the voltage going to the lamp with the turntable powered on. If I remember correctly, it should be about 20VDC.

onecrazygm
02-12-2013, 02:02 AM
thank everyone i figured it all out now i just have to get a stripped screw out of the pop up and figure out why my s arm wont balance