PDA

View Full Version : DJ Pool or Program similiar to iTunes?

Suprarick
02-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Hey,

So I have an odd question. I was wondering if there was a legal site that sold a lot of variety of music (like iTunes or Limewire). I want to start paying a monthly fee for music (legally) and the quality must be decent. I want to do this so I can find odd-ball songs that I can't find on DJ City or other DJ pools. Thank you so much! Specifically looking for a lot of 90's rock and latin music for the odd-ball crowds that show up at a couple of the bars I play at.

Thanks so much.

-Patrick

djkvg
02-21-2012, 11:34 PM
well i am subscribed to djcity and i buy tracks on iTunes. record pool is good for songs that are just being released but the iTune tracks help me find tracks that aren't popular.

Suprarick
02-22-2012, 12:07 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying bro, I'm in a similiar situation, except I have a few hundred songs I want, and am wondering if there's Any online service or program that has alot of songs, both past and present. I'd rather pay $30/month for something like this rather then having to purchase each song through iTunes....

Suprarick
02-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Does anyone have a solution to this? Or do you all buy your songs from itunes if they aren't on your favorite dj pool?

DJ T.O.
02-23-2012, 12:11 PM
I would check out Direct Music Service. It is the smartest thing I have ever purchased as a DJ. High quality files, all DJ friendly edits done by reputable DJs. There are others out there like it, but DMS gives me everything I need.

Suprarick
02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Hmm...I just checked it out and it doesn't seem it compares to iTunes, lime wire, or bearshare. I'm looking for something that basically has it all...like over 18 million songs. Something like iTunes that charges a monthly fee instead of pay-per-song.

Thanks

jazzyj
03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Ok i hated to start a new thread just to rant about itunes, so i just searched and found one lol

iTunes can kiss my black ass! After getting the library and all over the past month or so that Ive had my mbp the way I want it, all is well. Well itunes has some major glitch/error/exception that won't let it stay open. The solution is to uninstall and reinstall - so that means (I'm guessing) that my library is going to have to reload too. MAYBE the library file is still there and it will just read it, but if it don't. Imma be mad. by hell.

</end rant>

brichi
03-14-2012, 08:11 PM
I pay $40 a month for Promo Only DFF downloads, I think it's great, constantly keeps me up to date with the latest tracks, you can download at M4A lossless or 320K MP3. for the $40 month I get:

weekly "best of" tracks, about 40 a week
mainstream radio monthly (about 25 tracks on each of the monthly download)
mainstream club monthly
dance radio monthly
urban radio monthly
rhythm radio monthly
regional, tropical and pop latin monthly
modern rock monthly
country radio monthly

for me as a mobile dj constantly doing gigs based on different crowds/genres, this pool is perfect

ampnation
03-16-2012, 01:16 AM
DJ Pools are for getting the latest music. They work because the labels are trying to promote new music. You subscribe so you can get the latest as it comes out. If you're looking for older music and want to build a library relatively inexpensively, I would look to compilation albums. You can buy them off of iTunes or Amazon or any other legal mp3 online seller.

Also, don't be afraid of used audio CD's. I'm not sure what stores you have there, but here there's Dimple and some smaller indie used CD sellers. Much of this stuff never made it to mp3. Then you just rip your own.

I find a lot of eclectic stuff I never would have found by buying soundtracks with one or two songs I like on them. For me these are more for personal enjoyment, but YMMV.

I was preparing for a wedding once where the suggested song list from the bride had quite a few songs not in my library (partially because it was my first wedding LOL) I researched where I could get the songs before I started buying and found several of the songs were on the "My Best Friend's Wedding" soundtrack, so I just bought the whole album. The same bride had a few Disney themed songs, and it turned out they were all on one album for my convenience. hehe. Personally, unless I'm in a hurry, I prefer buying the CD's, usually from ebay for older music. That way I have the highest quality originals and I can rip any bit/sample rates I need.

If you really want some hit or miss, but low risk stuff, Amazon constantly has free downloads and cheap mp3 albums. I got Gaga's "Born This Way" album for $0.99. following an alert here. More recently they had Coldplay and