PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting DJ Riddims vs djrootz vs monkeystyle - 3 way Dancehall / Reggae Battle

JonAvalon
02-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Mix 1 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/DJRiddims-vs-djrootz-vs-monkeystyle - Dancehall Reggae Battle-1.mp3)

Mix 2 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/DJRiddims-vs-djrootz-vs-monkeystyle - Dancehall Reggae Battle-2.mp3)

Mix 3 (http://www.djfbattles.com/battles/DJRiddims-vs-djrootz-vs-monkeystyle - Dancehall Reggae Battle-3.mp3)

Rules:
General Dancehall mix (any style or period)
20 mintues
Samples and sound effects allowed
No auto-syncing

dJRootz
02-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks Jon

dJRootz
02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Good luck guys, and may the best mix win

DJ Riddims
02-21-2012, 06:57 PM
It looks like its a battle of the decades 80s mix, 90s mix, and 00s mix.

dJRootz
02-21-2012, 07:07 PM
lol yeah three very different mixes. nice mix tho Riddims, I kinda figured out which one was yours

monkeystyle
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
lol, we should team up and throw a party! wicked tunes a gwaan!

mantis
02-22-2012, 02:57 AM
wow its hard to pick. how should we judge this?

monkeystyle
02-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Well, its reggae/dancehall, selection of tunes should weigh heavy... and that includes originality in the selection. So whatever mix grooves you and entertains you. IMO.

dJRootz
02-22-2012, 08:21 AM
lol, we should team up and throw a party! wicked tunes a gwaan!

lol for real, I'm down

mantis
02-22-2012, 10:51 AM
was hard for me to pick one but i think mix 2 is more to my taste over all. that being said, all the mixes actually had some cool groovy tunes in them. I know very little about reggae and dancehal but i enjoy listening to it now and then.

BuddyUK
02-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Love the good times vibes of mix 3 but mix 1 has the riddims IMO, liked them all TBH close race.

dlove
02-24-2012, 01:45 AM
listening to the 1st mix now :tup:

dlove
02-24-2012, 02:47 AM
I voted for mix 2. Here's a wee breakdown :)

mix 1. nice 80's vibe with a couple of modern twists, but the sound quality is ropey - the Dirtsman tune is one of my faves, and it sounded terrible - massive points off for that, I'm sorry to say. The presentation in general put me off voting for this mix, which has the riddims that matter most to me, out of the three.

mix 2. ok levels up to a point (Super Cat in particular), decent transitions, good flow, sound riddims. not feelin' the end, but this mix seems the most together.

mix 3. commercial sound, the last tune particularly awful, yet a cute sample outro.

Thanks for battling :tup:

DJ Riddims
02-24-2012, 05:43 PM
wow its hard to pick. how should we judge this?

You should judge based on what you think is a good mix, so it depends on how much weight you think aspects of a dj mix is worth such as transitions, effects, song selection and many other aspects and then give your reasoning why you think one mix is better than the rest.

Edit -I just realized you already voted, lol

DJ- EVO
02-26-2012, 03:30 PM
I got to say I really enjoyed all the mixes. Its so hard to choose because the selection is suited for different crowds or heads like someone already pointed out its like battle of the decades/eras. Although, I got to say I really enjoyed mix 3 after listening several times. This is because the mix was most up-to-date. Its simply a matter of opinion, on which era was the best. I do know that the really hardcore danchall fans like the late 80's early 90 dancehall. I got to go with mix 2 for selection though. If it was simply a matter of selecting tracks I'd give it to you. Mix 1 was good but I felt as if you played it too safe but, I think it would be the best mix for a more diverse audience, with beginners to the genre or just easy listeners.Vote- MIX 3

DJ Riddims
02-29-2012, 07:00 PM
We need some more votes!

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Its simply a matter of opinion, on which era was the best. I do know that the really hardcore danchall fans like the late 80's early 90 dancehall. that being said...the closest to my perferred style was mix1. my vote was cast.:tup: good luck,gentlemen.

BuddyUK
03-01-2012, 05:33 PM
wrong thread :(

monkeystyle
03-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Vote! vote! vote! :D

monkeystyle
03-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Last chance. we need some votes to decide the winner here. Run come tell a friend.

shocase241
03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Just started to listen to this battle...at this point I felt to comment while listening to mix 2. So far my take is Mix 1 is cool for the commercial crowd and has a nice appeal. Mix 2 though..I can see someone is coming at the other 2 dj's necks...shots fired!! WOW...can't wait for mix 3. Let's go!!!

:music:

Just finished listening to all 3.

I like all 3 mixes to be honest. I just thought there was a bit too much efx on 3.
I'll say this
Mix 1: works for the non dancehall listener. Pretty much the commercial hits on there.
Mix 2: straight killin' style. i think i can guess who put it together, but that's a real battle set.
Mix 3: kept me in the groove, this is certainly up to times shit right there, I'd bump this in my car!

But, seeing that this a battle I'm go with Mix 2 on this one! That dj/selector sent shots and a made a statement w/ the selections of tunes. That set was designed to eliminate the other 2 dj/selectors in this battle!
That's just my 2cents

Thanks guys!

shocase241
03-05-2012, 03:38 PM
bump!

DJ Riddims
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for voting. Lets get some more votes in here!

BuddyUK
03-05-2012, 08:49 PM
One more vote could make all the difference take the time out and have a gander. :mad:

monkeystyle
03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
'shocase241' got what I was getting at with my mix :tup:

This is a competition! As a dancehall/reggae dj I don't understand how the other mixes completely lacked war tunes!? and how many voters completely missed the lyrical message in the tunes I chose. 'some of them say them a bull in a pen! Bull in a pen, me a lion in a den' boom! straight to a soundbwoy head!

Mix 1 was a little too commercial for me as well. Murder she wrote, hot this year etc. can all be found on reggae compilations cds. Still big tunes, yes of course, but kind of boring to listen through a mix of tunes you heard a million times before. I know some say they preferred the riddims in this mix and no doubt bambam riddim etc are huge classics, but do they really touch the almighty Tempo riddim! ah! I think not! especially in a clash. I could never choose Bambam as bigger than Tempo :ninja:

I rate mix 3 for bringing the new stuff. Good.

Too bad this ended a draw. Now none get bragging rights! :madbanana: I guess three way battles are less attractive to vote on because they take longer time. Oh well.

Big up DjRiddims and DjRootz.

Sting me a sting, shock me a shock! When you ready for a rematch let me know :devil:

DJ Riddims
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I was mix 3. I completely understand your point of view monkeystyle, I just did not see it as that kind of battle but more as a mixing battle. There will be a new clash battle soon.

moyo wilde
03-09-2012, 05:28 AM
yeah three way battles are hard to get through i half listened to this one and the old school hip hop battle. if it were 1 on 1 i might have had time to vote on both as it is i haven't voted on either.:uhoh: