PDA

View Full Version : Trance Set Requests

M!TCH
02-03-2013, 08:36 PM
I was in the gym a couple of hours ago listening to some of my sets and the tracks I like to jam to and I've exhausted a lot of my favorite stuff to listen to as in I know what is coming next and it's boring :(

Please, post up any harder trance sets you've made or love to listen to when working out. Ideally, I'd like to have a mixture of stuff that contains long blends where almost the entire track plays out as well as sets where the tracks change rather quickly. I know this is asking a lot, you have yourself to blame Chris as I was listening to one of your sets when I decided I needed to make this thread in the gym. :D

ChrisHynds
02-04-2013, 01:55 AM
lol nice one man, I suppose it depends on what your doing for training really, but I never do Cardio, I only lift heavy so I always listen to heavy hitting stuff when I train, it gets me pumped for the big lifts,

If you dont listen to it already, JOOF's podcast Global Trance Grooves (iTunes) is good to train too, just skip past the Deeper stuff he usually opens with, or listen to it as you warm up.

Indecent Noise Radio Bosh, get this through Soundcloud,

Deeper Shades Of Trance :P :uhoh: :facepalm:

Check Soundlcoud for any of the Big name 138 BPM producers, most of them run decent Podcasts that I find good to train too,

Era 7
02-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Indecent Noise Radio Bosh, get this through Soundcloud

+1 also check for his live sets. he has a recent one uploaded to his soundcloud. also check Christopher Lawrence's "Rush Hour", Phil Taylor's "Mindcrime" and i just skimmed through Eddie Bitar's "The Verdict" series. all on soundcloud.

DJ-Veaux
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Even though I love trance, I can't really stand it when working out. I personally go for house/electro (though for some reason aab's group therapy works for me <.< >.>)

ChrisHynds
02-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Even though I love trance, I can't really stand it when working out. I personally go for house/electro (though for some reason aab's group therapy works for me <.< >.>)

Even though I cant stand A&B anymore, (Seen them Live last weekend and walked out after 45 minutes, wort gig ever), I play their Group Therapy Podcast in work as its easy to listen to and zone out, I wouldn't personally train to it but for the general peps its pretty cool for training.

M!TCH
02-05-2013, 08:34 AM
lol nice one man, I suppose it depends on what your doing for training really, but I never do Cardio, I only lift heavy so I always listen to heavy hitting stuff when I train, it gets me pumped for the big lifts, ,

Until my ankle heals I've been focusing on lifting quite a bit. I actually don't mind if the entire set isn't really hard hitting as I like to change up my tempo during exercises and tend not to do that as well if I'm too pumped.

Sedna
02-05-2013, 05:26 PM
JOOF's podcast Global Trance Grooves (iTunes) is good to train too, just skip past the Deeper stuff he usually opens with

Nope, skipping the deep stuff is not allowed.

ChrisHynds
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Nope, skipping the deep stuff is not allowed.

Only for training :P I need some heavy hitting Trance for training, for general listening, I agree :)

JackStalk
02-06-2013, 02:20 AM
how heavy is heavy? I'd happily make you a mix of all the heavy stuff I have, given our definitions are on the same page.

ChrisHynds
02-06-2013, 06:24 AM
how heavy is heavy? I'd happily make you a mix of all the heavy stuff I have, given our definitions are on the same page.

Anything with a Full sound and a Big Rolling Bassline, is good for me, I cant stand the new, "electro saw" bassline style shit,

Era 7
02-06-2013, 08:35 AM

dagadagadagadaga :teef:

Sedna
02-07-2013, 01:13 AM
I cant stand the new, "electro saw" bassline style shit,

fucking +1

M!TCH
02-10-2013, 08:18 PM

Anything with a Full sound and a Big Rolling Bassline, is good for me, I cant stand the new, "electro saw" bassline style shit,

:stupid:

Came across an excellent trance mix, no clue where I downloaded it from though (need to hunt through soundcloud).

ChrisHynds
02-11-2013, 01:36 AM
check out DJ Phalanx on Soundcloud, if your looking for some good 138 Uplifting Trance, he runs a good little podcast that I would check out while training, just good straight forward mixing but has some good uplifting sets,

M!TCH
02-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the people to follow gents. That'll give me a solid stream of music to listen to at work and figure out what I like for the late night gym sessions.