PDA

View Full Version : Help with Virtual DJ, Itunes, Itch and Winamp. PC and MAC

Ntertainment
02-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Ok so i use a lot of programs, and a couple different computers. I run karaoke off of my PC and i use ITCH for most functions. I sometimes need to use Virtual DJ. When i do karaoke i run winamp and if i'm just playing a playlist I'll probably bring the PC with winamp.

The problem i'm having is the the playlist/crates i'm making don't transfer from one computer to the next and from one program to the next. Seems to me the only normal in this whole thing is Itunes? Itch will import Itunes playlist? Virtual DJ will import them too?

Does anyone have close to the same problems as me? I'd love to get this all figured out so i just drag and drop files to have the same playlist/crate on each machine.

Djmike209
02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
I use dropbox : http://db.tt/uuPcizi

I basically change the location of 'My Document" to the dropbox location. Store my music and Itunes Lib file. Also store my VDJ Database file in there.
I make changes on my main PC then power up my others and let them sync up. BAMM done. Plus storing your music on the cloud is not a bad idea either... AND before the na-sayers can say anything. YES I know its a paid service (I pay for it) YES there are cheaper solutions. But when you have 3 or 4 laptops to sync with music and playlist this is the way to go. :-)

Ntertainment
02-21-2012, 08:27 PM
The problem i'm having is not syncing. It's that all programs can't play the same playlist files.

Andrew B
02-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Not really a problem, it's just how it is. The only thing I can think of that is similar to what you want is that now Traktor can import Scratch Live data. Until the entire industry comes up with a universal standard, it's just not going to happen. Until then, we have iTunes.

The easiest thing to do is create all of your playlists in iTunes and import those into each of your DJ programs.