PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on a name for my mobile company

Rdej47
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Hey how's it going everyone, i've been a lurker here for a while and i'm mostly active on DJTT but now that i've made more of a move into the mobile space i'm going to be spending more time here. I was hoping to get some input on a company name. As far as mobile events i've mostly been doing weddings but I would like to expand eventually into doing stagettes, birthday parties etc.

I can't stand the name of the current companies in town (Rhino's, Thumpers, Platinum Music), they sound cheesy and anything like platinum music just makes me think of hip hop companies like Cash Money Millionaires or Young Money Entertainment. I'm also trying to avoid any obvious wedding related company names: Mr. Wedding, "I Do DJ Services" you get the idea.

One name that's been circling my head for a while is Lifetime. Which I feel reflects the way I see DJing, DJ's can take you through your youngest musical memories all the way to now and my hope is that my guests will remember that moment. In the future i'd also love to mentor djs so again reflecting that this is a lifetime process. What do you guys think any insight/ constructive criticism is welcome.

jboogey
02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I think Lifetime is a also that TV station that plays all the heart warming movies right? Honestly, whatever sounds good to you. Id say it matters little what the name is, and more what your setup and what you can offer look like. I personally don't care what the name of the DJ is as long as he can perform.

I've been poking around on wedding wire to see what the names of these companies are and some or pretty cheesy. "Mr. Magic" and shit like that, but they have 5 star reviews and people love the service, and thats what matters.

JackStalk
02-01-2013, 03:22 PM
gigs2go

JBEntertains
02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
What ever you decide to name it... let it be an indicator as to the service you provide. Improper use of words like "production", or "sound & lighting".. makes it sound like you install car stereos or stamp widgets.

I know a guy whose company name is the same as a crafting company... makes no sense to me... but what do I know?

iammongo
02-02-2013, 05:47 AM
People asking for DJ names on these forums used to be asking for alot of abuse :lol:

None of us know you, so it is really impossible for anyone to give you solid advice.
If you like Lifetime, then Lifetime it is.....just be sure to add something to it so it's not quite so vague. Lifetime mobile entertainment, Lifetime DJ service....blah blah blah.

WillieB69
02-02-2013, 07:35 PM
gigs2go

Not without one of these. :D

http://www.numark.com/images/sized/images/product_large/dj2go_angle_media_lrg_01-624x391.jpg

Rdej47
02-03-2013, 01:01 PM
People asking for DJ names on these forums used to be asking for alot of abuse :lol:

None of us know you, so it is really impossible for anyone to give you solid advice.
If you like Lifetime, then Lifetime it is.....just be sure to add something to it so it's not quite so vague. Lifetime mobile entertainment, Lifetime DJ service....blah blah blah.

Haha Ya I know what you mean it's definitely tough to gauge how good of a fit a DJ name is for someone when you know nothing about them. I appreciate the input.

DJStevieRay
02-03-2013, 02:39 PM
How about. Better than Rhino Thumping Platinum Music?

Dix
02-03-2013, 02:56 PM
<<<<< is my company name because its relative to my region & the type music associated with Louisiana.

Other names/title in my area related to our area are "Twin cities ***".... Because of Monroe & West Monroe.
The twin cities are divided by the Ouachita (Wash-a-tah) River so some name business "River ***" Or "Ouachita ***"
We are located in the Delta or Mississippi Delta, so some are "Delta ***"

You might want to consider something relative to your area.