PDA

View Full Version : Recording mixes

DJ_Macho
01-25-2013, 09:58 PM
I want to record my mixes but don't know how to. I am using Serato DJ Intro with the Numark Mixtrack Pro. I don't think it lets me. Do I need to buy a program or something?

drop1
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
No. SDJ can record straight to your computer.
At the top left of the screen in sdj there are 3 virtual buttons in a row. REC, FX, SP6. Click the rec button with your mouse, it will open the recording section. Hit the record button and start mixing.
Click record again to stop recording. Name your project and hit the save button. Your mix will now appear in your serato file under recording.

Anomoly
01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
in Serato Dj INTRO you CANNOT record native. in Serato DJ you CAN. since you have serato INTRO the only way to record is by recording the output of the Mixtrack Pro. it is how i record my mixes in my videos (i have the same setup)

Jamie D Music
01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
When I'm putting a set together I always record a very rough mix and listen back to it while making notes. Some phrases might not match or run too long and I can identify this easier when I'm listening back to it and then make the required adjustments. It's also useful to listen to a rough recording of a mix when you are lay down with your eyes closed. I can really hear the overall structure of the mix this way and make cuepoint adjustments.

If you are not using your mic port always make sure it's muted because it gives of a crackling sound which is quiet but can be noticable when recording at high volumes. Muting the mic port eliminates this crackling noise. I've never had this problem with the line in port but I think this is quite common for most peoples mic ports.

drop1
01-28-2013, 03:01 PM
in Serato Dj INTRO you CANNOT record native. in Serato DJ you CAN. since you have serato INTRO the only way to record is by recording the output of the Mixtrack Pro. it is how i record my mixes in my videos (i have the same setup)

I didnt know. I just assumed it was the same as I only use SDJ.

Rek_Aviles
01-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Use this until you upgrade to Serato DJ.

http://www.mp3mymp3.com/

This program records any audio that plays from your computer/laptop. It should work.