PDA

View Full Version : VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition

DJNR
02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
DJ Tech Tools just got these guys in stock. They cost $1,099.00 each. Thoughts?

Official post can be found here (http://www.djtechtools.com/store/vci-400-ean-golden-edition.html?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=text%2Blink&utm_term=Ean&utm_content=VCI-400-Blogpost&utm_campaign=VCI-400-Blogpost).

http://i40.tinypic.com/kbafs0.jpg

Jason Cerna
02-21-2012, 02:18 AM
i like the layout more than my s4. but i'm not going to sell things just to buy the new shiny.

maybe down the road, i could get my hands on a used one. that would be the only way i'd get one.

punky
02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
A good design, but hella overpriced for what it is. Most of the four channel controllers are.

EDIT: To be clear, that's not Ean Golden or DJTT's fault - that's on Vestax.

[O/][iii][O/]
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Thoughts?

I'd by one in a heartbeat if it was ITCH compatible.

DJNR
02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
EDIT: To be clear, that's not Ean Golden or DJTT's fault - that's on Vestax.

I noticed that too. I felt like they were trying really hard to justify the price with stupid things like matte black finish and shiny blue knobs...

k4hn
02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I picked one up. I admit it was a little more than I initially wanted to spend but after going back and forth in my head I decided to take the plunge. I've used VCI 100's and 300's in the past and loved them so I can't wait for this monster. The build quality on this thing looks a step above any other controllers.

I noticed that too. I felt like they were trying really hard to justify the price with stupid things like matte black finish and shiny blue knobs...

Well it's only $100 more than the stock VCI 400. For the firmware/overlays and black paintjob (which imo looks a lot better) I'll pay when I'd already be paying a grand.

robscomputer
02-21-2012, 09:20 PM
I picked one up. I admit it was a little more than I initially wanted to spend but after going back and forth in my head I decided to take the plunge. I've used VCI 100's and 300's in the past and loved them so I can't wait for this monster. The build quality on this thing looks a step above any other controllers.

Well it's only $100 more than the stock VCI 400. For the firmware/overlays and black paintjob (which imo looks a lot better) I'll pay when I'd already be paying a grand.

I bought one as well, the pricing was expensive but I was really looking for something solid. Playing with a bunch of controllers, I just didn't find them very durable like a regular mixer. Not sure why the manufactures still make their controllers with a majority of plastic when they are heavily used in professional environments. I was close to buying a Kontrol S4, just felt like the 400 will be more open to other software (even if I only stick with Traktor) and built better. The only thing I felt is missing is the HID jog wheels, but I didn't buy it to scratch with. :)

l0ckd0wn
02-21-2012, 09:32 PM
The build quality on this thing looks a step above any other controllers.

Vestax always made solid mixers and controllers, but after getting my hands on the Denon MC 6000, I have yet to find another controller at it's build level. I'll have to take a look at this guy the next time I hit Sam Ash.

Cryder
02-22-2012, 02:26 AM
I threw down for one, yes it's expensive BUT frankly I'm cool with the price as long as it feels and functions like a $1100 piece of pro audio equipment while addressing essentially all the design/construction gripes I have with the S4. Worst case scenario I can most likely sell it for more than I bought it for, my only real worry right now is how well it will integrate with the newest Traktor version's sample player, though Ean and his crew will probably have an elegant solution by the time it's released.

Phil Noize
02-22-2012, 05:02 AM
Not sure why the manufactures still make their controllers with a majority of plastic when they are heavily used in professional environments.

The reason is simple ... weight. CDJs aren't made from steel, they are mainly plastic, and they stand up to the rigours of DJing.

That Ean Golden VCI-400 looks nice.