PDA

View Full Version : Top 40 Top 40/House/Electro Remixes Mix

DjFloMatic
02-21-2012, 01:17 AM
http://soundcloud.com/djflomatic/top-40-house-electro-dance-mix

Rock The Boat -- Bob Sinclar Ft. Pitbull
The One That Got Away -- Katy Perry (Rehab Edit)
Sexy and I know It -- LMFAO
Hangover -- Taio Cruz (Hardwell Edit)
Hangover -- Taio Cruz (Jump Smokers Edit)
International Love -- Chris Brown (Jump Smokers Edit)
Party -- Beyonce (Panic City Edit)
You Da One -- Rihanna (Dave Aude Mix)
Domino -- Jessie J
Someone Like You -- Adele
Tonight, Tonight -- Outasight (DStar & Benzi Edit)
Culo Saxobeat -- Alexandra Stan
Jello -- F.E.M (Quintino Edit)
Workout -- J. Cole (Sammy Bananas Edit)
Workout -- Kanye West
Marry The Night -- Lady Gaga (Afrojack)
Where Dem Girls At -- Flo-Rida (Anthem Kingz)
Turn Me On Mash Up-- David Guetta
Levels vs Til The World Ends -- Avicii X Britney Spears

danthedj
02-21-2012, 01:06 PM
you should really think about putting up a download link. I personally like to listen to the mixes on my iphone and in the car as opposed to streaming.

Just a thought.

EDIT: just realized you can download it from your mixcrate. Fair enough.

DjFloMatic
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
d/l link up for both now, let me know what you think!

Lost Connection
02-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Not too bad, here's a small list of comments:

@1:32 When you bring up Katy Perry you could have brought it in a bit smoother, otherwise the transition was ok
@1:52 Probably accidentally, but some "extra beats"
@4:30--> The transition from Sexy And I Know It to Hangover was a bit messy
And somewhere around 10 mins you were a bit off beat and you could have also dropped some bass off the other track with the low end EQ

It was a pretty solid mix, same kind of small things to fix later on, but all in all it was a decent mix :tup:

You could try and work on smoother transitions, use the EQs a bit more. You could also look into harmonic mixing it would help you a little in avoiding two songs not matching each other in key.

-Lost

DjFloMatic
02-22-2012, 03:24 PM

@1:32 When you bring up Katy Perry you could have brought it in a bit smoother, otherwise the transition was ok
And somewhere around 10 mins you were a bit off beat and you could have also dropped some bass off the other track with the low end EQ

It was a pretty solid mix, same kind of small things to fix later on, but all in all it was a decent mix :tup:

You could try and work on smoother transitions, use the EQs a bit more. You could also look into harmonic mixing it would help you a little in avoiding two songs not matching each other in key.

-Lost
Hey thanks for the feedback, I will def. work and look into all!!

Yeah since im mostly a hip hop DJ I use that style of mixing more so still..

danthedj
02-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Im about halfway through the mix (busy with class) and I like it alot. Only thing im not a fan of (but everyone else seems to be) is Adele in mixing. Sure, you can put an uptempo beat to it, but it is one of the most depressing songs and somehow always throws me when its in a mix.

Otherwise spot on my friend. :music:

Sean
02-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Listening now :)

DjFloMatic
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks for listening and the feedback!

thehadgi
02-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Nice mix man. It's rockin a house party I'm at :)

DjFloMatic
02-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Nice mix man. It's rockin a house party I'm at :)

Nice!! + Rep

RYNER
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM

I agree with Lost. But other than that it was a good mix.

DjFloMatic
02-27-2012, 12:04 AM
I agree with Lost. But other than that it was a good mix.

thanks for listening!

Lost Connection
02-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Only thing im not a fan of (but everyone else seems to be) is Adele in mixing. Sure, you can put an uptempo beat to it, but it is one of the most depressing songs and somehow always throws me when its in a mix.

I don't like Adele's tracks :lol: Depressing and besides, I think I've heard like one or two good remixes that I can listen through and say that they sound pretty solid. Sure she can sing, her songs just are no party tracks :tup:

DjFloMatic
03-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't like Adele's tracks :lol: Depressing and besides, I think I've heard like one or two good remixes that I can listen through and say that they sound pretty solid. Sure she can sing, her songs just are no party tracks :tup:

I agree I made this mix mainly for radio style, thats the only reason I put her songs in...

Lost Connection
03-11-2012, 05:13 AM
I agree I made this mix mainly for radio style, thats the only reason I put her songs in...

It's your call, I don't criticize you for that :)