PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a software to start remixing.

Auxelvn
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi there. I've been DJing for a few months now. and I'd like to start remixing songs now. I've been reading reviews on the internet on various softwares that people use to make remixes. But I can't make up my mind.

People always confuse this with 'creating' music. I don't think I'm ready for that right now. Although I'd love to do that in the future sometime.

I'm not really a very fast learner, so whatever software I pick up and stick to will be the only software I'll learn. Keeping this in mind I looked for softwares. Some people said that beginners should go with "Garageband" or "Mixxxxx" (I'm not sure how many Xs it has) and some people said that these softwares are just for fun and not for serious business. And then I started learning about Ableton, Logic, Pro Tools and all kinds of softwares.

And now I'm confused as to which software to invest my time in. I want to make house/tech remixes using a track or acapellas. Can you guys suggest with your own experience which software I should go for?

The thing is, I don't wanna learn, let's say, Pro Tools in the beginning and then find out later that I should've gone for another software which has better productivity.

I mean, I'm just thinking out loud right now. I don't even know if these softwares are different. Maybe all the softwares are essentially same and just terminology differs.

Any kind of help with be appreciated. :)

alexreedDJ
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
I would deinately recommend ableton love for remixes. however, it's not the best program out there if you decide to go into creating music in my opinion.
Ableton can take a little getting used to but it makes remixing a lot simpler than most other DAW's because it will automatically sync all the samples/acapellas/loops you add to the project tempo which can be quite hard in other DAW's

Auxelvn
01-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Alright. Thank you for the advice!

I'm planning to learn the software on my own. So I'll check youtube for tutorials.

Also, do you use Ableton yourself? And if I had to keep 'creating' music in mind, which software would you recommend?

DrewOday
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
I would recommend for music producing "FL STUDIO" .
Tutorials are available in Youtube & everywhere .

alexreedDJ
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I have used ableton in the past for a few things but i use FL studio for all my music production nowadays.

You can make remixes on FL studio but i find it more difficult. If you're thinking of producing quite a lot as well as remixing i would probably not look too closely at ableton, and sway more towards FL studio, Logic or pro tools (depending on the computer you're using)