PDA

View Full Version : Progressive tracks with actually interesting lyrics

thehadgi
01-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Listened to 'man on the moon' on the way to work this morning, and was thinking how much his lyrics hit home with a lot of things I've experienced. I'm not saying he's a lyrical genius, as I'm not well versed (get it?) in lyricists and what makes someone a good one. But realized it's nice to listen to lyrics not about love-love-luuuurve, getting dumped, missing someone, hooking up with someone, partying all night, throwing their hands up in the air, living while they're young, etc.

I know hip-hop's got a lot of good stuff, same with rock/alternative, etc. But I'm wondering about progressive (or even techno or tech house) tracks that have interesting lyrics, the kind that talk about things in life other than relationships and partying. Anyone got anything for me? Seems I'm hearing the same lyrics about putting your hands in the air over and over, and honestly it's getting old. prog house seems to be missing the depth lyric's wise other genres have.

Any tracks are fine, but looking more for proper progressive; not this big-room 'banger' electro-haus progressive that seems to get labeled with that term.

Mahatma Coat
01-23-2013, 07:07 AM
Jondi & Spesh ‎did a great tune called We Are Connected, its not exactly lyrics, but certainly a great use of a sample that sends a philosophical/spiritual vibe

thehadgi
01-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Jondi & Spesh ‎did a great tune called We Are Connected, its not exactly lyrics, but certainly a great use of a sample that sends a philosophical/spiritual vibe

That's pretty cool, and yeah not exactly lyrics but it's at least an interesting message. Plus stephen hawking/compu-speak vocals always are interesting lol. Cool track too :music:

M!TCH
01-29-2013, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAd0vxXlSQQ