PDA

View Full Version : getting into VJing, which DJ Pool For Videos ?

DJ Matt
02-20-2012, 08:18 PM
im moving into Vjing,
mainly top 40 i guess, but if there are some for other genres, also welcome

thankyou in advance

Jason Cerna
02-20-2012, 08:25 PM
couple of sites listed here:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?310-Video-DJ-Thread

Danimal
02-20-2012, 09:42 PM
I have found 8thwonder to be great with tons of the newest videos at the lowest cost.

VJ LouNYC
02-20-2012, 09:45 PM
smashvidz hands down. great for mainstream videos.

stay away from 8th wonder(you get what you pay for). they have a lot of corrupt files. xtendamix is great for 80's, 90's and hard to find videos.

good luck.

VjQue
02-21-2012, 02:31 PM
im moving into Vjing,
mainly top 40 i guess, but if there are some for other genres, also welcome

thankyou in advance What Software you go use. I use Serato.

DJ Matt
02-21-2012, 05:24 PM
What Software you go use. I use Serato.

the plan is

Virtual DJ with 4 decks

i use two decks for audio/video, and two spare decks for silent video only (for background visuals)

:)

VjQue
02-21-2012, 05:50 PM
the plan is

Virtual DJ with 4 decks

i use two decks for audio/video, and two spare decks for silent video only (for background visuals)

:)Oh. Vdj is wack. tried it and was not happy with it.

DJ Matt
02-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Oh. Vdj is wack.

care to explain why? and what the other software does thats better?

VJ LouNYC
02-21-2012, 10:47 PM
vdj is not a bad program but not reliable. it's mainly being used for mobile dj's in the states. most use serato/ mix emergency

peterwo2e
02-22-2012, 08:47 PM
i use vdj simply cause serato itch is (i use it mobile) is lacking big time. i dont want to buy serato sl just for video and cost would set me back. my question is what is serato/mix emergency? how does it work?

VjQue
02-23-2012, 04:48 PM
i use vdj simply cause serato itch is (i use it mobile) is lacking big time. i dont want to buy serato sl just for video and cost would set me back. my question is what is serato/mix emergency? how does it work? $149.00 would set you back Whoa. raise your price's mane.

Serato/ Mix Emergency is a 3rd party software that's Mac only and up till now not supported in the new 2.4 scratchlive software and Serato Video. It has more features than Vsl But Serato Closed the door on Inklen (Mix Emergency) to better the serato video program.

How it work is you install it and open it up and play the video in serato 2.3 and down. and it cost $179

http://www.inklen.com/mixemergency/

VJ LouNYC
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
$149.00 would set you back WOW. You must be a cheap DJ. Nh

Serato/ Mix Emergency is a 3rd party software that's Mac only and up till now not supported in the new 2.4 scratchlive software and Serato Video. It has more features than Vsl But Serato Closed the door on Inklen (Mix Emergency) to better the serato video program.

How it work is you install it and open it up and play the video in serato 2.3 and down. and it cost $179

first you insult him and then you give him advice. lol.

stay within your budget but just realize that if you get into video and are serious about it, you'll eventually need to move to another program like serato vsl or mix emergency. good luck.

DJ Matt
02-23-2012, 05:33 PM
if you get into video and are serious about it, you'll eventually need to move to another program like serato vsl or mix emergency. good luck.

hi , not sure if that advice was directed at another poster or myself, but as im using virtual DJ now for a combination of audio and video, sure i see some limits, but what specifically do the other programs offer?

money is not an issue with me but the main issue would be learning a new program and integrating my music collection/potentially losing tag information etc.

drzinc
02-23-2012, 09:34 PM
VDJ had been doing video well before SSL even knew video exists.

VjQue
02-24-2012, 01:57 PM
VDJ had been doing video well before SSL even knew video exists. We know that but VDJ is not stable as Vsl or ME. most of the video dj's are from vdj.

drzinc
02-25-2012, 12:07 AM
We know that but VDJ is not stable as Vsl or ME. most of the video dj's are from vdj.

What do you me by stable? I do 6 t 8 hr gigs with vdj and it does not shut down or become unstable. Doing video audio a combo of both and karaoke. I dont have to buy an expensive plugin or worry if my flac file will not play.

pertytown
02-25-2012, 12:15 AM
What do you me by stable? I do 6 t 8 hr gigs with vdj and it does not shut down or become unstable. Doing video audio a combo of both and karaoke. I dont have to buy an expensive plugin or worry if my flac file will not play.

I use VDJ as well for audio, and video. Never had a problem in the 4 years I have been using it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

VjQue
02-25-2012, 05:27 PM

I use VDJ as well for audio, and video. Never had a problem in the 4 years I have been using it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk Do you use it with a controller or vinyl.

DJ Matt
03-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Do you use it with a controller or vinyl.

i use VDj with a controller tp playback video.... no, doesnt have any problem

have you exerienced problems with it?
maybe it was a bug that they fixed?:shrug:

peterwo2e
03-03-2012, 07:22 AM
$149.00 would set you back Whoa. raise your price's mane.

i don't have serato live mate i have itch with the vci-300 so no 179 bucks would not set me back. itch has a plugin for video for 149 bucks , no problem but it doesn't support my video graphic card. so yes a new computer would set me back a little and thank you for your help.

VjQue
03-04-2012, 03:48 PM
i use VDj with a controller tp playback video.... no, doesnt have any problem

have you exerienced problems with it?
maybe it was a bug that they fixed?:shrug: I used it with control vinyl and it was buggy. I heard they suppose to comeout with a VDJ 8 but I too much out the pocket with serato. I just got the 62 mixer 2 weeks ago.

VjQue
03-04-2012, 03:50 PM
i don't have serato live mate i have itch with the vci-300 so no 179 bucks would not set me back. itch has a plugin for video for 149 bucks , no problem but it doesn't support my video graphic card. so yes a new computer would set me back a little and thank you for your help. what laptop you have.