PDA

View Full Version : lighting recomendations that can hook to my speaker stands under my speakers

Icefrogg
02-20-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm looking for something simple that I can mount under my speakers on the stands. anyone have a set up like this and what are some recomendations. I currently just use a chauvet mini 4 bar so was looking for just something extra to add to it. thanks.

LiteTrix
02-20-2012, 10:46 PM
American DJ Jellyfish?

Capt. Kirk
02-20-2012, 10:48 PM
grrr....not that light again. Actually according to Brian S. Redd just about any light that can be mounted onto an O-clamp could be used. So long as it does not way to much so you could probably get a laser, or a vertigo style light, or a moon flower, or maybe even one of those small LED scanners that don't way to much as well. The possibility's are endless.

instinct
02-20-2012, 11:01 PM
grrr....not that light again. Actually according to Brian S. Redd just about any light that can be mounted onto an O-clamp could be used. So long as it does not way to much so you could probably get a laser, or a vertigo style light, or a moon flower, or maybe even one of those small LED scanners that don't way to much as well. The possibility's are endless.

Problem is, unless you are on a stage. The speaker stand is going to be low and people are going to be blocking the light, unless the light is pointed back towards a wall or at the ceiling. Some LED bars pointed back, might make a good wash.

DJStevieRay
02-20-2012, 11:03 PM
ADJ Quad Phase, is a nice effect. around $200-$300.

LiteTrix
02-21-2012, 12:22 AM

What's wrong with the Jellyfish, Kirk? :lol:

Synaxis
02-21-2012, 12:33 AM
What's wrong with the Jellyfish, Kirk? :lol:

Nothing. As a matter of fact, they make GREAT doorstops when bringing your gear in/out of the venue! :tup:

To the OP, as it's been mentioned, with an O-clamp you can mount anything reasonable under your speakers. And by reasonable, I don't mean 30 lb. scanners or moving heads. Something small and simple would work best, that won't really stick out too much pat the front of the speakers.

Just note the lights might be useless if they are going to be blocked by the crowd all night long.

windspeed36
02-21-2012, 12:57 AM
ColorStrip? Also i think ADJ make a mount so you can mount a light on top of your speaker if it has an M10 mounting point.

SummitAudioDJ
04-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I would mount a simple led effect right under your mini 4 bar. I use the ADJ sunray LED or LED mushroom under my 4 bars for small gigs and the combo works great. Any derby or simple moonflower light would work well.