PDA

View Full Version : numark ns7 question...

freakin_rican
02-20-2012, 04:28 PM
i have a numark ns7 that i rarely use so i am wondering would it be worth trading it for a macbook pro i have it for sale on craiglist but so far no bites...i am planing on buying a numark ns6 to replace this one so i need to try and trade for a laptop or a set of powered speakers which i can manage to pull of first i was just wondering if the ns7 is worth trading for either items or should i just hang on to it....

djkvg
02-20-2012, 05:32 PM
why do u need to sell the ns7 to get a laptop, then later get the ns6? why don't u just save for the macbook lol. it all depends on what you feel is more important to u. would u rather have a laptop now? or keep your ns7?

freakin_rican
02-20-2012, 09:32 PM
why do u need to sell the ns7 to get a laptop, then later get the ns6? why don't u just save for the macbook lol. it all depends on what you feel is more important to u. would u rather have a laptop now? or keep your ns7?

i have a hp and a acer i just bought to use with vdj dont really need the controller right now just would like to have a mbp plus i still have cdj 800s and technic 1200 for back up...lol i got the ns7 on a trade and just rather trade it away thats all....

Somedj
02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Eh, i say why not? If you have decks of some sort already, why not? Seems like a decent idea to ditch the ns7 for an mbp. Especially seeing as though you got the ns7 on a trade anyway. Kinda curious why you plan on going ns6 next time though. I thought the ns7 was the cream of the crop of novations controllers right now?

freakin_rican
02-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Kinda curious why you plan on going ns6 next time though. I thought the ns7 was the cream of the crop of novations controllers right now?

nodoubt in my opinion it is a good controller but have you picked one up in a marathon case...??? whewww heavy dude and im using it for mobile gigs...if it was lighter than what it is i would not be getting rid of it...

Somedj
02-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Ah, I see.... Yea, Ive never actually had to haul one around. My only experience with the ns7 is when I got to knob dick around with it at the local guitar center. It seemed like a pretty stout setup; but never moved it. So the ns6 is quite a bit lighter? Again, never messed with that either, Im pretty much a noob when it comes to controllers. The only one I've really had a chance to fully manipulate (meaning pick it up as well as use it) is the ddj-s1; and that is pretty light

Seriously considering getting one myself though, kind of tired of lugging around my cdjs and djm... lol.

freakin_rican
02-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Ah, I see.... Yea, Ive never actually had to haul one around. My only experience with the ns7 is when I got to knob dick around with it at the local guitar center. It seemed like a pretty stout setup; but never moved it. So the ns6 is quite a bit lighter? Again, never messed with that either, Im pretty much a noob when it comes to controllers. The only one I've really had a chance to fully manipulate (meaning pick it up as well as use it) is the ddj-s1; and that is pretty light

Seriously considering getting one myself though, kind of tired of lugging around my cdjs and djm... lol.

yup ns7 is a tank compared to the ns6...lol

djnotapplicable
02-21-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm confused. You bought your ns7 in order to control vdj? many of ns7's features are basically useless if you are running it through vdj. It was made to be a Serato Itch controller. The same goes for the ns6. However, win7 64bit has been notorious for not running well with Serato Itch. Therefore, I think that you should sell/trade your sn7 for a macbook and then buy the ns6 (because it sounds like you want that anyway). I think that you will really enjoy using Serato with your Ns6 on a mbp.

freakin_rican
02-21-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm confused. You bought your ns7 in order to control vdj? many of ns7's features are basically useless if you are running it through vdj. It was made to be a Serato Itch controller. The same goes for the ns6. However, win7 64bit has been notorious for not running well with Serato Itch. Therefore, I think that you should sell/trade your sn7 for a macbook and then buy the ns6 (because it sounds like you want that anyway). I think that you will really enjoy using Serato with your Ns6 on a mbp.

yes i did want the ns6 originally but picked up the ns7 on a steal(not knowing of the weight) just rather go with a ns6 i am not familiar with serato itch just have to get used to it i guess sorry for the confusion just trying to get a mbp without cutting my arm off and since this controller is just sitting i figure why not try to trade it because it will be harder to sell unless i give it away...

Austin GoGreen
02-22-2012, 09:25 AM
NS6 < NS7

It makes no sense to ditch the NS7 for an NS6. The NS7 is heavier but it is is lighter than 2 1200's or CDJ's with Mixer. My NS7 Flight case is on wheels and I use it a TON. I take it everywhere that I don't feel like setting up 1200's.

Keep the NS7, save your money, buy a MBP, and thank me later. The NS6 feels like a toy.

freakin_rican
02-22-2012, 07:36 PM
NS6 < NS7

It makes no sense to ditch the NS7 for an NS6. The NS7 is heavier but it is is lighter than 2 1200's or CDJ's with Mixer. My NS7 Flight case is on wheels and I use it a TON. I take it everywhere that I don't feel like setting up 1200's.

Keep the NS7, save your money, buy a MBP, and thank me later. The NS6 feels like a toy.\

thanks for the info

djdran
02-24-2012, 12:40 PM
i have the NS6 and i USE to have the NS7 (traded them for a pair of technics 1200)... i know exactly what this guy is talking about.. the main reason why i sold my NS7 was because it was super heavy.. Yes two turntables + mixer is heavier, but when you can transport them seperately in different boxes, it makes transporting them A TON easier...

i have the NS6 for all my mobile gigs... much much ligther and smaller package compaired to the NS7, alot easier to carry around... very happy with my NS6, but i do miss my old NS7.

Roshanbhoj
02-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah if you have the chance at an NS7 I wouldn't give that up. Definitely one of the best if not the best controller out there. I've heard of stories of people who use an NS7 and when they use anything else they feel like it's not as good. I would deal with the weight because it's really worth it IMO. I just really love the NS7. But on the other hand I really want to get an NS6...but that's because I can't shell out the cash for an NS7.

Austin GoGreen
02-27-2012, 09:22 AM
i have the NS6 and i USE to have the NS7 (traded them for a pair of technics 1200)... i know exactly what this guy is talking about.. the main reason why i sold my NS7 was because it was super heavy.. Yes two turntables + mixer is heavier, but when you can transport them seperately in different boxes, it makes transporting them A TON easier...

Not a chance. Trips in and out are trips in and out... Two turntables, Mixer, Backpack, Duffle Bag is more load in than NS7, Backpack, Duffle Bag..... Yeah NS6 is lighter but NS7 is still better than carrying in turntables.

djdran
02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Not a chance. Trips in and out are trips in and out... Two turntables, Mixer, Backpack, Duffle Bag is more load in than NS7, Backpack, Duffle Bag..... Yeah NS6 is lighter but NS7 is still better than carrying in turntables.

i store all my equipment in my basement.. carrying the NS7 in a flight case is 10x more harder down stairs on your own in one go, then it is taking the turntables/mixer seperately in multiple trips..

also i transport all my equipment in my car, and most of my mobile gigs consist of me fitting 2x speaker tops 1x subwoofer.

theres no way i can bring my speaker system + the NS7 in my car, because the NS7 takes up wayy too much space in the back seat... having the seperate carrying cases for the turntables/mixer make things easier, cuz then i can stack them on top of each other to make room for some of the speaker equipment...

Austin GoGreen
03-01-2012, 09:37 AM
i store all my equipment in my basement.. carrying the NS7 in a flight case is 10x more harder down stairs on your own in one go, then it is taking the turntables/mixer seperately in multiple trips..

also i transport all my equipment in my car, and most of my mobile gigs consist of me fitting 2x speaker tops 1x subwoofer.

theres no way i can bring my speaker system + the NS7 in my car, because the NS7 takes up wayy too much space in the back seat... having the seperate carrying cases for the turntables/mixer make things easier, cuz then i can stack them on top of each other to make room for some of the speaker equipment...

Fair enough... I just don't think it's a good choice going from NS7 to NS6, especially for a turntablist. NS7 is becoming my weapon of choice to be honest with you.

I too keep my stuff if the basement. I would much rather have fewer trips than more trips. But i'm 6'0, 200lbs, heavier weight doesn't bother me too much.

Bro you should do what I did and buy a wagon. I have an '05 Toyota Matrix. It get's great gas and I can fit all of my gear in it with plenty room to spare. My Matrix is the best transportation for mobile gear I've had.