PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Stand Recommendations

Johnnotestine
01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Both pairs of Ultimate stands I have are broken at the base coupling from being over-tightened.

I am looking for a set that will last, even when having students setup AV gear.

My 12" tops are 38 lbs. & my 15" are 58 lbs.

I have been looking at Ultimate brand and Frankenstands, but I'm open to any suggestions.

LiquidFusion
01-13-2013, 05:16 PM
The karaoke company I've worked for has been using ProLines for a while now. They seem to be a bit durable even with heavy tops. I think I've seen one incident of breakage from over tightening?

Johnnotestine
01-13-2013, 07:00 PM
The karaoke company I've worked for has been using ProLines for a while now. They seem to be a bit durable even with heavy tops. I think I've seen one incident of breakage from over tightening?
They look pretty good (it's hard to tell by the picture); however, the base coupler looks very similar to the Ultimates. There may not be a better alternative, but I'd like it if the coupler was not plastic.

Phil Noize
01-14-2013, 12:10 PM
I have a pair of Peavey stands that are over twenty years old and going strong, so I would recommend a pair of those. Mine are same as the Peavey S1 stands.

djscrizzle
01-14-2013, 02:25 PM
You can get the parts from Ultimate to fix the stands. Look up Ultimate Support, Inc and email the product support dept. They'll get ya setup and back in business.

Johnnotestine
01-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestion djscrizzle, I'll do that.

I'd still like to hear if anyone knows of any other great bomber speaker stands.

ampnation
01-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Have you seen Hercules stands?
I can't speak to their speaker stands and I've only seen the mic stands in the store, but the mic stands looked well made.
http://www.herculesstands.com/lightsspeakers/speakerstands.html
It looks like they use an alternative to the screw down locking found on typical stands and have hand cranks optional.