PDA

View Full Version : Scratch Weddings

DutchApples
02-20-2012, 03:49 AM
http://www.scratchweddings.com/

Has anyone ever worked or heard of this company? The description of DJs fits me perfectly. I come from the clubs, but I'm getting sick of the low pay and drunk girls trying to ruin my equipment every night. Been looking for more wedding gigs this year.

DJMC
02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Looks like a "Multi Op" to me.

Typical pay structure is you make 25% of the total fee paid by client. For example, the owner bills $1k -- you make $250.

Once you get that whiff of your first "Bridezilla," you will actually wish for the drunk chicks in the club again!

Sween
02-20-2012, 11:45 AM
They are an overpriced National Multi-Op.

Their prices start at $1500 with no lights and no sub in my area. (Mine start at $1000 and I bring better equipment)

They rely on trying to pull in the niche bride who thinks wedding DJ's can't scratch or mix.

They hire out to local guys... after they take a huge cut to pay for their tremendous advertising campaign.

Start your own company instead... Call it "We Scratch" DJ's... charge $1300 and put these a-holes out of business.

:tdown:

Djmike209
02-20-2012, 12:04 PM
I worked with another company out of Florida like this. They place DJ in retail store etc. I got 1/3 the price I would have charged.

Stirred
02-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Looks like a "Multi Op" to me.

Typical pay structure is you make 25% of the total fee paid by client. For example, the owner bills $1k -- you make $250.

Once you get that whiff of your first "Bridezilla," you will actually wish for the drunk chicks in the club again!

Exactly... a good friend of mine is a Bum Squad DJ and works with Scratch Academy on a regular (or used to)... lol.. he still picks up a gig here and there, but he started turning gigs down once he found out how much they actually take off the top of the wedding and corporate gigs.