PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore & Jersey Club

quinnygoth
01-11-2013, 05:09 PM
This might belong in Other EDM. I consider these genres a form of House music though, but move it if you want.

Does anybody play or make Baltimore or Jersey Club music?

I've been digging and listening for a little while now. Some of it I love but some of it I find really annoying.

Can anybody recommend some essential artists/labels?

Who's everybody feeling at the moment?

Ocie
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I just spend a lot of time digging through soundcloud for good bmore and jersey club edits, remixes, etc. For jersey club, swizzymack was fairly popular for a bit, dj sliink makes some bmore. a trak has a bmore track, so does diplo (bmore style, anyway).

emynd has some good bmore tracks to check.

JackStalk
01-11-2013, 06:20 PM
I see it's a "genre", but it is supposed to reflect New Jersey? Because that type of music isn't really big here. It's mostly top40, electro/progressive house.

Ocie
01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I see it's a "genre", but it is supposed to reflect New Jersey? Because that type of music isn't really big here. It's mostly top40, electro/progressive house.

it's a much more urban club type genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysuZuha7uB8

quinnygoth, check out philly club music too.

JackStalk
01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah I understand, but anything hip-hop related is on its way out in this area in my opinion. DJs rarely play it around here, maybe a little bit of Trap or dubstep once in a while. they should just rename it to Urban Club :P

Ocie
01-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Ha, yeah I know what you're getting at. Only really got the name because a producer from jersey named it that. same with philly and bmore.

Never made it over to your side of the hudson to party when i was in NYC.

JackStalk
01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
NJ is just a cheaper version of NY partying.

James Martin
01-12-2013, 12:05 AM
NJ is just a cheaper version of NY partying.

Ok, you basically just pissed me off, NJ was the for front of the club scene, we had numerous clubs at which some of the most prominent DJ's spund vinyl at in the 80's and 90's. In addition NJ gave us Gloria Gaynor, Melba Moore, Tanna Gardner. Obviously you know little about NJ history of club music. Hey ever heard of Club or Zanzibar.

Head to Newark check out the Coffee Cave on Halsey. Elizabeth NJ has numerous clubs. NJ is far from a wanna be NY. DJ Antoine Qua every Saturday night from 50Park Pl. In Newark Broadcasted live on WBLS a major NY radio station.

CHEAPER VERSION MY ASS.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

The Blackest
01-12-2013, 05:48 AM
it's a much more urban club type genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysuZuha7uB8

quinnygoth, check out philly club music too.

This sounds like someone combined Ghetto House w/ Baltimore Club and a touch of Miami Bass. Oh wait thats Ghetto Tech.

Ok, you basically just pissed me off, NJ was the for front of the club scene, we had numerous clubs at which some of the most prominent DJ's spund vinyl at in the 80's and 90's. In addition NJ gave us Gloria Gaynor, Melba Moore, Tanna Gardner. Obviously you know little about NJ history of club music. Hey ever heard of Club or Zanzibar.

Head to Newark check out the Coffee Cave on Halsey. Elizabeth NJ has numerous clubs. NJ is far from a wanna be NY. DJ Antoine Qua every Saturday night from 50Park Pl. In Newark Broadcasted live on WBLS a major NY radio station.

CHEAPER VERSION MY ASS.

:lol: He mad!

Jerz wish they had what NYC had in the 80s n 90s. Melba Moore is from NYC and Taana Gardner performed a lot in NYC. Besides, just because someone was born somewhere doesn't really mean anything.

JackStalk
01-12-2013, 12:55 PM

CHEAPER VERSION MY ASS.

Haha yeah. As of right now, it's just cheaper than going to NYC. Everything about it is cheaper down to cover charges, drinks, and parking. It's NYC for a reason. I wasn't touching on the history of NJ house music, just where the scene is at this exact moment. I didn't say anything about it being WORSE in my post, I just said cheaper, which is absolutely 100% true. If I go to Newark/Elizabeth, anything I buy IN GENERAL would be cheaper than NYC, even a bag of potato chips and a soda

I said nothing about it being worse, I just said cheaper. If that bothers you, then I really dont know what to tell you haha. The only thing more expensive in NJ than NYC is car insurance.

Yank Scally
06-16-2015, 02:17 PM
https://soundcloud.com/yankscally/3500-1

I just made this.. is this Jersey Club?

NickyValentino
07-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Jersey Club is THE BUSINESS. Us dancers/ravers out here can really get the sweatin' to this. Currently listening to : DJ Hood, Nadus, Kay Drizz, King Sliink and of course R3LL. R3LL got that FIREEEEEEEEE.