PDA

View Full Version : Markus Schulz Pioneer Dj Sounds Show

ChrisHynds
01-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Im a huge Schulz fanboy :hump: and Im not ashamed to admit it, these Djsounds videos that Pioneer do are pretty sick, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twNwhMY1B8

John Veselsky
01-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Listened to half of it last night. Sounded good and enjoyed the small interview.

Era 7
01-10-2013, 09:48 AM
not my cup of tea.

JackStalk
01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
He doesnt really do anything technically difficult, but it's pretty clean mixing and I love watching him mix!

Sedna
01-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Markus Schulz knows how to structure a set properly. He can build 6 7 or 8 hour sets soooooo well. He's a superb DJ. One of the few popular DJs that refuses to sell out. Huge respect for this guy.

In the interview he talks about his "3 sets" and I've seen this first hand. He starts off super slow, peaks for a couple hours playing the tracks that you know you're gonna hear, and then gets into the closing hours. I really have heard this first hand many times seeing Markus do 6 or 7 hour sets. His closing hours are always the best. He gets sooooo deep and sooooo trippy but still brings the energy and it's amazing. Holy fuck I can't wait till Markus gets back in this city.

ChrisHynds
01-10-2013, 03:15 PM
not my cup of tea.

This set alone doesnt really show what he is about, If you have heard him in the past and dont like him, then thats fair enough, but dont be judging on this set alone, pretty much what Sedna said, he's one of the few and possibly only Trance/Prog Dj's in the limelight that hasnt sold out, and he plays some wicked, deep prog/techno in his warm up and afterhours stuff, I prob prefer these to his bigroom sounds, he is a proper all rounder and seems like a really nice guy,

Era 7
01-10-2013, 03:38 PM
This set alone doesnt really show what he is about, If you have heard him in the past and dont like him, then thats fair enough, but dont be judging on this set alone, pretty much what Sedna said, he's one of the few and possibly only Trance/Prog Dj's in the limelight that hasnt sold out, and he plays some wicked, deep prog/techno in his warm up and afterhours stuff, I prob prefer these to his bigroom sounds, he is a proper all rounder and seems like a really nice guy,

i didn't mean him as a whole. just the one you posted. even though all i've ever heard of him besides this one are some of his ASOT sets and well...ASOT is ASOT ;) but i don't doubt he can throw down a decent set of deeper stuff.

ChrisHynds
01-10-2013, 05:50 PM
ASOT is ASOT ;)

:lol:

bnr
01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Watched this the other day. I really enjoyed it.

JackStalk
01-14-2013, 04:19 PM
I watched it again today. The fisherman and hawkins "apache" track came out today. Massive tune!

djmunster
01-14-2013, 05:28 PM
ive seen him live many times and like the others state he mixes real clean but he uses mixed in key so its easy to program a 8 hr set (not putting him down or mixed in key but it is easy to put any length set together with mik
just know your tracks ,start steady ,build ,build ,play with your head for a while ,come down a little ,build ,ect,ect,ect

JackStalk
01-14-2013, 06:06 PM
^I mean, yeah. Doesnt everyone use Mixed in Key? It's still challenging to build smooth sets and use enough self control not to throw out that huge banger that will kill your vibe.

djmunster
01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
I dont use mixed in key, shit all my years djing I never even thought about using keys , till mik came about

ChrisHynds
01-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Yea been wating on this one to be released :) Their last track "Night Shift" was pretty epic too

Buszaj
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Mixed In Key is just a guide. It won't really make a difference in programming a set. It's about knowing your music, and being able to pick out the subtleties in tracks that will help them flow together.

djmunster
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Mixed In Key is just a guide. It won't really make a difference in programming a set. It's about knowing your music, and being able to pick out the subtleties in tracks that will help them flow together.

Like I said.
just know your tracks
,start steady ,build ,build ,play with your head for a while ,come down a little ,build ,ect,ect,ect