PDA

View Full Version : Good Places to post your mix online to expand your fan base?

DJ Hi Def
02-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Sound Clouds Groups is a great tool to help expand your online influence, as well as of course Facebook. What places do you guys place your mixes?

Era 7
02-19-2012, 01:35 PM
+1 on soundcloud. mixcloud is another one for me and i regularly tweet out new mixes on twitter.

Wakka
02-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Can post them on forums too, gear slutz, ableton, serato, here, Ect Ect. Besides that... Word of mouth helps a lot.

Jason Cerna
02-19-2012, 06:09 PM
since musicv2 went down a few years ago, my mixes go on my own website. i tried mixcloud once, but i already established plenty of traffic on my site, so i don't bother.

i only use soundcloud for singles.

DJNR
02-19-2012, 06:33 PM
since musicv2 went down a few years ago, my mixes go on my own website. i tried mixcloud once, but i already established plenty of traffic on my site, so i don't bother.

i only use soundcloud for singles.

+1

I do everything on my website. I think it's much simpler than having all sorts of different sites that a fan base needs to navigate too.

Sigma
02-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Sound Clouds Groups is a great tool to help expand your online influence, as well as of course Facebook. What places do you guys place your mixes?
I try and cover a few bases.

1. I've got my own website, which links to all of the mixes I've made (that are actually hosted on SoundCloud, but they can all be downloaded as well as streamed).
2. I use SoundCloud, Mixcloud and Mixcrate.
3. I've just started a mixtape blog, so I've posted about my mixes on there.
4. I post them on forums of course.
5. I try and get them out there on torrent sites, then they spread to others (as you can see from THIS (http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=m-style+sigma+making&pbx=1&oq=m-style+sigma+making&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=1227l7002l0l7191l39l28l8l2l3l0l138l1873l24. 4l38l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=cc7d90ac551f17af&biw=1676&bih=922) Google search result for example.)
6. I submit them to certain blogs.

The only things I don't use are social networks like Facebook and Twitter, but that's because the people I'm friends with on Facebook either know about my mixes already or don't care about them, and I've only just started using Twitter and only have 28 followers. :D

I like to use as many methods as I can, although it makes it impossible to track how many downloads/listens you've had in total.

Grifff
02-20-2012, 10:58 AM
How did you go about setting up your own websites? Did any of you do it yourselves, or did you get a mate/pay a professional to do it for you?

DYM
02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
How did you go about setting up your own websites? Did any of you do it yourselves, or did you get a mate/pay a professional to do it for you?

You can go about it a number of ways.. I do some simple websites, theres a thread somewhere. Depends what your looking for.

DYM
02-20-2012, 11:53 AM
I have my website. Have reviews and promos ect. I have a page labeled mixes with a sound cloud plugin, a facebook page with my actual page embeded, and a few other things. My website is a one stop shop to view all of my content on the web, I feel that is the whole reasing for having one!

DJ Elroy
02-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Myspace :freak:

DJNR
02-20-2012, 09:08 PM

I built mine myself. You can have someone build one for you, but there are many simple alternatives as well.

LALaw
02-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Are there any free servers that people tend to use? I know many used megaupload back in the day, but all its owners are in jail now :lol:

DjFloMatic
02-22-2012, 04:35 PM
I have found Mixcrate to be the best for getting plays through the site alone, I have mixes on there that are also on soundcloud yet I have 100+ more plays on Mixcrate...

I think soundcloud seems to be better for posting remixes and mash-ups though.

Still all mixes I make I post to either my Twitter or Facebook a few times to draw traffic..

LALaw
02-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Well put. But I assume when you put mixes on your facebook or twitter you are just linking your friends and followers to the server where the mix is being hosted (like mixcrate)? Are there any free servers that you like that allow the user to download the actual mix rather than just listen to it on that site?

pardon the beginner questions. Since megaupload, I haven't found a proper alternative