PDA

View Full Version : Shure 520DX?

djAj90
12-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Im thinking about getting the green bullet to use when I make annoucements(such as last call for drinks etc.),since Its designed to fit in your hand better then other microphone and looks cool. Does it provide good audio for announcements compared to a regular shure hand-held that is in 50hz-15,000hz range?

JamminDownJD
12-30-2012, 11:31 PM
I always thought that that mic was for more appropriate for harmonicas and small instruments. Yeah, like most instrument mics you CAN use it for general vocal announcements but you would look like a bus driver with this mic. LOL... Personally, I'm not convinced.

djAj90
12-30-2012, 11:59 PM
I always thought that that mic was for more appropriate for harmonicas and small instruments. Yeah, like most instrument mics you CAN use it for general vocal announcements but you would look like a bus driver with this mic. LOL... Personally, I'm not convinced.

The lead singer from scooter uses it,and his hand basically covers the entire thing,so it doesn't look too lame lol.

Windows 95
12-31-2012, 12:41 AM
My wife uses it for her harmonicas.
It's not really a quality mic for vocals. But for announcements it's decent enough, especially if you're a mic kisser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6m47qT73Y