PDA

View Full Version : Trance blogs?

DJ-Veaux
12-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Since the newly found blog I stumbled upon happened to be a pirate blog, I come to you all for suggestions. Where do you guys find your trance tracks? Soundcloud is a given (unless you have specific users in mind on soundcloud).
I'm leaning toward the more vocal/euphoric/uplifting type of trance blog if that helps narrow down the options.

JackStalk
12-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I play brand new trance/progressive tracks every week on my blog :)

www.climbtoclouds.com

Sedna
12-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Listen to your favorite DJ's podcasts. I also scour the depths of Beatport regularly, but sometimes the shit you have to listen to when looking through Beatport is absolutely intolerable. So much bad music in the trance section.

Era 7
12-27-2012, 05:34 PM
I also scour the depths of Beatport regularly, but sometimes the shit you have to listen to when looking through Beatport is absolutely intolerable. So much bad music in the trance section.

+1 :facepalm:

JackStalk
12-27-2012, 06:23 PM
They also re-release a given song like 10 times on every different label as if it were brand new. That really pisses me off about beatport, anything to make a dollar.

aaron altar
12-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Listen to your favorite DJ's podcasts. I also scour the depths of Beatport regularly, but sometimes the shit you have to listen to when looking through Beatport is absolutely intolerable. So much bad music in the trance section.

I really respect prog trance djs who dig through all that crap to find some good tunes.

M!TCH
12-28-2012, 12:25 PM
They also re-release a given song like 10 times on every different label as if it were brand new. That really pisses me off about beatport, anything to make a dollar.

This drives me up a f****** wall! I will sit on Audiojelly and Beatport sometimes and literally click on song after song. I don't remember which as a play all function but i have it go in the background. Highly recommend using favorite DJ podcasts.

ChrisHynds
12-28-2012, 11:44 PM

:stupid:

Trying to find a Deep Prog track on Beatport is soooooooooooooooooooo fucking hard, unless you have an artist or label you know is reliable.

Try clicking on Prog House :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: they really need to sort out the whole "Prog House" genre thing, there are about 5 different sounds to Prog House that are completely different.

To me Prog House is that Shingo Nakamura/Dinka/Jaytech sound, since when did SHM become Prog House? Cheesey electro shit house would be a better label for it, end rant.

DJ Nutty
12-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Following artists and labels on beatport is the best thing ever. Anytime I hear a good track I follow the producer
Also dj podcasts. But if you want to be on it as its released you need to just check all new releases. Theres no easy way to find good new music, but thats what sorts the dj's prepared to put time in digging from those who arent.