PDA

View Full Version : Are you Canada’s best Student DJ? We need someone to open at Brrrrr!

ChrisSLN
12-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey there, this is Chris from a Toronto company called the Student Life Network. We are partnering with Electronic Nation to bring a really cool opportunity for Canadian student DJs.

We are running a contest in January called Open at Brrrrr! (www.openatbrrrrr.com) where one Canadian student DJ will win the opportunity to perform a set at Brrrr! - Toronto’s Winter Music Festival. You will also get VIP passes to both days of the festival, and a meet and greet with headliner Moby.

All you have to do is sign up at www.openatbrrrrr.com and submit the best track or mix that you have made (via Soundcloud or YouTube). Students will vote for their favourite and the finalists will be judged for a winner.

If you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to help you out, please post below or email me directly at chris.baxter@studentlifenetwork.com.

Buszaj
12-27-2012, 05:20 PM
So wait, are you guys looking for producers to send you in a track they made? Or DJs that made a mix?

Also....in my opinion, one track made by a student doesn't show anything about their potential skill (or lack thereof) to play an opening set at and event like Brrrrr.

thehadgi
12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
So wait, are you guys looking for producers to send you in a track they made? Or DJs that made a mix?

Also....in my opinion, one track made by a student doesn't show anything about their potential skill (or lack thereof) to play an opening set at and event like Brrrrr.

Exactly. You might want to specify that you're looking for a DJ that produces his own tracks; not all DJ's do. For example, I produce quite a bit, and I don't DJ. So my track might be good/great, but you would not want to base your decision on that because I wouldn't be able to DJ worth a damn :eek:

Rothgery
12-27-2012, 08:48 PM
See the Forum rules - due to spam, and people trying to rip off unsuspecting producers/dj's, first post solicitation without participating within the forums is not allowed.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_djf_rulesandguidelin es

#8 - Spam will not be tollerated. It will be deleted and the user posting it will be warned/banned. If you have music or equipment to sell, start a thread in the relevant forum section. Any commercial sales or promotions require a vendor account (please see the vendor FAQ for more information) note: If your first (and only) post is "check out my site" or any other link it WILL be deleted. Same goes for sites looking for djs, Threads like that will be considered spam and removed.

ChrisSLN
12-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Sorry if that post broke any guidelines. I am not trying to spam, I'm just reaching out to any communities that could find this opportunity relevant. I can edit the original if needed.

We are leaving the submission criteria loose, so that people are free to submit any track or mix of their choice as their entry. We're trying to open this opportunity up to as many students as possible because lots of people haven't had the chance to compete for something like this before.

I agree that it might not show everything they have/don't have, but hopefully knowing that they have one track/mix to prove themselves will bring out the best in people! We are also going to have a thorough judging panel that will be basing their decision on more than simply public support, so that we can find the best. This also won't be our only contest like this, so depending on how this one turns out, we may be switching things up in the future. Thanks for your feedback :)

Exactly. You might want to specify that you're looking for a DJ that produces his own tracks; not all DJ's do. For example, I produce quite a bit, and I don't DJ. So my track might be good/great, but you would not want to base your decision on that because I wouldn't be able to DJ worth a damn :eek:

Appreciate the feedback! I'm going to revise my wording.