PDA

View Full Version : Returning a package

Lam
12-26-2012, 10:29 AM
So i had ordered a DAW off ebay and got scammed. The seller had thought I was dumb, so he sent less CDs than what the package actually has. Now that I am returning them, he wants me to return them to a different address than the one it came from. Is this right? Should I just stick with the second address or the first?

LondonSoundMan
12-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Call paypal / ebay and check what your meant to do before your scammed again buddy - be careful !

Lam
12-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Alright, will do.

fueledbymusic
12-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Well sometimes packages do come from a "main" where-house. And they probably have a specific location to handle returns.

I would be ready to file a claim with paypal if it is needed.

Dix
12-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Why dont he just send the extra CDs? I see holes all in this. I'd make sure he refunded my money before I returned the CDs. If he didn't want to do that, I would contact Ebay's mediation staff or their money back guarantee people or Square Trade, etc....
If as you say, it is a scam, I certainly wouldnt work on his terms... he would work on mine.. If it sounded fishy, I wouldn't do it. But, that's why Ebay has a policy on this.

Good luck :)

allensmusic
12-26-2012, 10:44 AM
send it where paypal tells you to return it. otherwise you will not get a refund

xibalba
12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Contact ebay first see what you should do through them. Make sure you have everything documented, I wouldn't send anything back until you talk to them first. If you do send them back make sure you have some kind of tracking and i would opt for them to have to sign as well.

Lam
12-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Why dont he just send the extra CDs?

Good luck :)

Thats the thing. That is how I found out it was a scam. I told him there were missing CDs and he replied saying "can i send missing CDs?". What bull...he was keeping those CDs till I found out.

It is much harder to contact ebay/paypal than you think. I keep getting the automated messages that dont help. Plus, I cant find a number to the ebay site.

I was thinking I send the package to the original address and if I didn't get a refund I will file a claim.

LondonSoundMan
12-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Check out Ebays FAQ's

xibalba
12-26-2012, 10:58 AM
I think you can file a claim through ebay with the option that the package is missing/incomplete.

JackStalk
12-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Thats the thing. That is how I found out it was a scam. I told him there were missing CDs and he replied saying "can i send missing CDs?". What bull...he was keeping those CDs till I found out.

It is much harder to contact ebay/paypal than you think. I keep getting the automated messages that dont help. Plus, I cant find a number to the ebay site.

I was thinking I send the package to the original address and if I didn't get a refund I will file a claim.

I would just go for a full refund and send the items back. If eBay had a telephone number it would be tied up til kingdom come with the amount of complaints they get. I had gotten "scammed once with a pair of fake HDJ-1000s (which are actually sitting on my head right now) and when I called the guy out, he ended up letting me keep them for free and sending me a full refund if I didn't expose him to eBay. Well, his bribery worked on me.

Where did the seller ship from? If it's anything out of the country I would be really nervous to send something to a different address.

LondonSoundMan
12-26-2012, 11:28 AM
lol do they sound ok ? lol

allensmusic
12-26-2012, 11:40 AM
make sure to rip them before you send them back

Baller95
12-26-2012, 12:01 PM
make sure to rip them before you send them back

Ha! Good idea!

JackStalk
12-26-2012, 12:07 PM
lol do they sound ok ? lol

They're basically rebadged American Audio 700s. The build quality on the AAs are absolutely atrocious. The swivel hinges on these broke even faster, I just taped them back together and use them for my laptop. They aren't really very good quality, but music comes out of them.

http://static.musiciansfriend.com/derivates/18/001/195/748/DV016_Jpg_Large_240303_R.jpg