PDA

View Full Version : DJ Insurance for Military/Government Facilities

Mixxed
12-26-2012, 07:54 AM
I've been accepted for a monthly gig at an Air Force Base working for the MWR events. In order for them to accept me, I have to meet the insurance requirements put forth for vendors on the base, to include the following:

(1) Workman's compensation as prescribed by the laws of the state in which the work will be performed and employer's liability insurance.
(2) General liability insurance wherein the NAFI and the United States are included as named insured stating that such insurance is primary (secondary to or contributory with no other insurance). Policy limits of $1,000,000 per person - $1,000,000 per occurrence for injury or death, and $1,000,000 property damage per occurrence are required.
(3) The Contractor is responsible for damage or loss to his owned or leased equipment. Claims will be honored only if it can be shown that the NAFI was negligent and caused damage or loss to the Contractor's equipment.

I've already sent this to mavonpro.com, which is what a majority of people from this site have recommended from doing searches here... But they've already said that they're not able to meet the requirements that they're requesting.

Does anyone have any information on who I can go to, or do you have any personal experience dealing with the military/Fed Gov requirements for insurance?

DJ-Fades
12-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Try www.theeventhelper.com I used them recently for a function where the insurance guidlines were very strict. Dont remember the specifics of it tho

Mixxed
12-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks, checking with them now...

DJ-Fades
12-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Anytime man! Let me know how it goes

Sween
12-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Workman's comp is usually not required for DJ's... and I would turn down any job that requires it because it is expensive.

Mixxed
12-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Yeah... The eventhelper can cover those terms minus the workman's comp. I'm going to see if the workman's comp is a deal-breaker, if so then it won't be worth it for me to take it... Thanks!

DJMC
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
You only need Workmen's Comp when you have EMPLOYEES.

single system operators, operating as a sole proprietorship, are exempt from Workers Comp