PDA

View Full Version : Chauvet Minnie...

pertytown
02-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Ok so I ordered one of the Chauvet Nimbus dry ice machines in mid January, and the price then was $599.99, now I was searching around online to see when it may be shipping (was told sometime in march), and I notice that now they are selling for $999.99 - so now I am left wondering, am I going to have to come up with another $400 to get this thing? If I do I will be slightly angry as I have already promised this feature to several of my brides this coming wedding season. Anyone have any info on this?

pertytown
02-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Sorry bout the title, Damn auto correct......

Capt. Kirk
02-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I have seen it on Chauvet's website and the thing looks way cool but when I searched online to discover the 1K price tag it has me wondering why it is going to cost so much. What exactly does it do so much more than just putting dry ice in a warm bucket of water then turning a fan on? Plus its not to large either, hopefully you will only have to pay what you back ordered it for and hopefully it will cost well under 1K for the rest of us to.

pertytown
02-20-2012, 11:16 PM
I talked to someone who owns a shop here in Madison about this. He called his Chauvet rep, and he said the best price he could give me on one of these would be about $700, and this guy always gives me the best price I can find (even beats the eBay prices). He did confirm that the units won't ship to dealers until sometime in March. I am just hoping I don't get screwed on this deal. I have paid in full for stuff before, and then waited months, only to find out they can't get the item for that price, in the mean time they have been using my money. If I don't hear something by the end of the first week in March, I will cancel my online order, and buy from the local shop.

Capt. Kirk
02-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Tis a shame. Guess I will not be getting one until a nice one comes up on ebay or craigslist lol.

Synaxis
02-21-2012, 12:52 AM
I think they should honor the original price. It is THEIR fault for posting the price before receiving the actual price.

Unfortunately, many stores have disclaimers against typos and errors.

$700 isn't too bad though. Over 25% off list price.