PDA

View Full Version : Suffering from NNYEP syndrome

fatcatdj
12-24-2012, 03:30 AM
First time in years that I am not booked for a New Years Eve Party. (no new years eve party) Anyone else?

I am going through some trauma, some loss of confidence after such a good Christmas party/
Holiday party month of bookings. I'm like the NY Giants, which did well earlier this season,
great comebacks by Manning and the crew and now faced with no playoff spot.

What do people do, I mean regular people who don't dj NYE parties? :)

DJ-Fades
12-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Im in the same boat man! I feel the same way!!! im racking my brain to figure out what to do!!! let's merge and throw our own party!!! :lol:

DJ Donnie Lewis
12-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Same here. Party was cancelled a month back...

BTW, The GMen arent out yet... A win next week with losses by 19 other teams will get them in lol :teef:

Dix
12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I do not have one either. I didn't have one last year. The year before, we had a wedding on NYE. Every region/area is different but people here haven't gotten back to hosting parties yet from the recession. I have seen events getting bigger quality but not more in quantity. The people who are getting married are spending a little more on weddings, birthday's etc but we haven't seen any extra events. The economy here just isn't back up for the individuals yet.

LondonSoundMan
12-26-2012, 09:50 AM
In the UK it seems to be BIG events with massive headliners or very small events where people just have an ipod playing..... I heard that Skrillex is doing some NYE thing, now that sounds fun !!

Mystic
12-26-2012, 10:35 AM
I refuse to do NYE parties. I'd rather be going out and enjoying myself than working.

I enjoy working, just not on holidays.

LondonSoundMan
12-26-2012, 10:54 AM
''Make hay while the sun shines''

JackStalk
12-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I think a lot of us aren't working on new years eve. I'm actually doing a party the saturday before. I would much rather have the actual night off honestly.

LondonSoundMan
12-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Need to work as Jan to Feb is normally quite...

wilson
12-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Meh. First time in the last several years I'm DJing. I don't mind having them off I guess. Go enjoy it!!!

fueledbymusic
12-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I had a potential gig on New Years eve. But the guy has not called me. So I probably will not be doing a gig there. But even if he does call, I think I'm just going to say, I am not available. Realistically I rather just stay home and celebrate with family instead. For this year.

JackStalk
12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Last new years I was pulling the engine out of my car and we popped champagne while standing in the engine bay. More fun than any corny countdown behind the decks.

Sween
12-26-2012, 03:53 PM
I refuse to do NYE parties. I'd rather be going out and enjoying myself than working.

I enjoy working, just not on holidays.

^^Same here... My NYE rates are so high that I rarely get booked. I'm a commodity on Holidays.

DJ Remax
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
I passed up an 800$ gig at my local residency to go see Tiesto in Atlantic City.. I'm debating my decision.

DJMC
12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I'd rather be home with the wifey! (Its safer, not having to share the road with the DRUNKS)