PDA

View Full Version : Laney CX15 - s it worth it?

ands
12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Hello.
What do you think about Laney CX15 speakers? (250 W RMS). Worked someone with them? They are very cheap and I thought to buy a pair. Is it worth it?

windspeed36
12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Judging by a quick Google search - your money could be better spent. What's your aim? (audience/music type/function) and what sort of budget?

ands
12-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Dj for weddings. Budget: 700 to 800 euros.

* I heard Laney speakers in a pub, but were cx12 model. Be heard very well. But I am interested in cx15 model. They still have not had the opportunity to listen to and I did not find anything about them on the forums. Seem to be a fairly new model. Therefore I would be interested in what someone has. Especially if you can use the small parties without subwoofer.

DJzrule
12-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Its not that no one has experience with them because they're new, its because they're a no-name cheap brand. They actually look like Gemini, something that we have over here (which is bottom of the basket).

Bill Fitzmaurice
12-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Its not that no one has experience with them because they're new, its because they're a no-name cheap brand. Not exactly: http://www.laney.co.uk/products

They are very cheap and I thought to buy a pair.
You get what you pay for.

DJzrule
12-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Not exactly: http://www.laney.co.uk/products
You get what you pay for.

Huh, didn't know about the guitar products. On the other hand, their PA equipment (to my mistake) actually looks exactly like Guitar Center's house brand, Harbinger (specifically the ASP15 model).

Bill Fitzmaurice
12-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Huh, didn't know about the guitar products. On the other hand, their PA equipment (to my mistake) actually looks exactly like Guitar Center's house brand, Harbinger (specifically the ASP15 model).They could be the same, both undoubtedly come from China, perhaps the same factory. They wouldn't be the first major brand to slap their name on some cheap sourced speakers to reach a price point.