PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with Coffin/Osyssey cases what to get for my set up

Joe.G
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi, I have 2 Tech 1200 and Prob be getting a Pioneer T1 or the Z2, I have a standard old school coffin with two tables and a Gemmni Mixer but I am looking for something that is current looking prob in a Battle setup, It will be mostly a stationary set up in my home studio.

I am not sure if I should just go with single Odyssey cases for each ( I already have one ) or if I should get a all in one, I would like for it to be a neat set up, with a Laptop but I can make a shelf or something for that. Thanks

VJ LouNYC
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Go for cases. I have used both and the coffin weighs too much. It's hard on the back. Cases are much easier. You can position the turntables any way you want.

Joe.G
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
And get a case for the Mixer also?

ampnation
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I would 2nd that. And yes. Get the mixer and deck cases from the same case maker and from the same line of cases so they match. Odyssey is very good. Also check out Marathon if you're looking for other color options.

Joe.G
12-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Any tips on where to purchase them, any place with good prices? I already have one Odyssey case, Not my favorite color but it'll due, I would like to get the new ones in black. Thanks

VJ LouNYC
12-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Get the black label cases. I got mine for $95 each on ebay about a year ago.

Joe.G
12-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Black Label that is made by Odyssey?

ampnation
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Black Label that is made by Odyssey?

http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-search/flight_fx.html (Black Label Flight FX with LED FX)
http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-search/black_label_flight_ready_cases.html (Black Label Flight Ready)
http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-search/black_label_flight_ready_cases.html (Black Label Flight Zone)

Don't ask me what the difference is between Flight Ready and Flight Zone, but I'm sure a dealer could help you with that.

cliffmatics
12-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Z2 is slightly bigger than 10" so please be aware of that as it might not fit in all 10" mixer cases or coffins. So if you decide on that mixer the case option changes, with that being said go with coffin if you'd like the quick setup and is sure the location to play out has enough space, if not go with individual flight cases for turntables for a much lighter load and to be more flexible with location space.

Sam Whitman
12-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Get the Z2!! (just saying) it's an awesome mixer.

fatcatdj
12-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Where in East NY do you play at? I'd like to add a Technics 1200 to my arsenal of equipment. What i'm trying to say is that
I had a single flight case stolen. Its easy to take than a coffin. My friend's van was broken into after a gig. What did they take?
His laptop and lights. The 1200's were in a coffin and his amps were in a rack--much too heavy to steal. Speakers?--Nah too big. Think about it.

ampnation
12-17-2012, 11:49 PM
fatcat, you seem VERY obsessed with stealing. Just sayin'. Maybe you should start a lojack for DJ business (and call it something else since LoJack wouldn't appreciate you stealing their name.

fatcatdj
12-18-2012, 04:21 AM
fatcat, you seem VERY obsessed with stealing. Just sayin'. Maybe you should start a lojack for DJ business (and call it something else since LoJack wouldn't appreciate you stealing their name.

Just trying to help. Getting sh*t stolen sucks, sometimes just telling ppl gingerly doesn't work. I know for sure as a person who
works with 40 and 50 somethings that are open minded to new concepts like North Korea. LOL

Joe.G
12-18-2012, 07:44 AM
I haven't played in any clubs in many years, When I last played all we used was real vinyl, this whole MP3 think is all new to me, I plan to get either a T1 or Z2 and start to try and figure it out, I am building a studio now.

ampnation
12-18-2012, 12:09 PM
I know for sure as a person who works with 40 and 50 somethings that are open minded to new concepts like North Korea. LOL

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I think I do. If so, I've worked with some of those same people. One in particular comes to mine. A couple of examples of her cluelessness...

About 2 weeks to a month after 9/11, I described someone this 30-something woman asked about, as looking a bit like Dick Cheney. She looked like a deer in the headlights and asked, "Who's that?" :facepalm:

Another time, she came in saying her check oil light had come on as she entered the parking lot and could I check her oil. I obliged and as expected the only oil on the dipstick was a tiny drop at the very tip. I told her I would change the oil during my break but she got impatient and put a quart or two in on her own, then came back to me and asked me to check it again. She still needed another quart, but she'd tossed the funnel. While she was around the back of the car, looking for a piece of cardboard or paper I could fashion into a funnel, I decided I didn't need it anyway and started adding the quart. When she returned, she saw where I was pouring it and looked panicked asking, "That's where you put the oil?" Luckily, despite being clueless, she didn't do any damage to her vehicle... she had poured the oil down the dipstick hole. She confirmed it took a "very long time." :facepalm:

Joe.G
12-30-2012, 04:48 PM
How is this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-FZGS10MIX-Flight-Glide-Style/dp/B0018PZS1W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356899742&sr=8-1&keywords=odyssey+fzgs10mix

And Do I have to get the same model line in odyssey for the turntable cases or are they all the same height and what not?

ampnation
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
That's fine but if you were looking for black label, that isn't. Black label have black anodized hardware. Also be sure to check dimensions. I believe the z2 is 11 inches.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Joe.G
12-31-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't think they make that style in Black Label.

ampnation
12-31-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't think they make that style in Black Label.

Ok. I was thinking you wanted all black. I take it you just don't want colored panels in which case it's easier. So fit and matched cases would be your primary concerns. I haven't used any glide cases so ask others what specifics they like or dislike there.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2