PDA

View Full Version : My Mobile gig question

DJ NuVo
02-18-2012, 01:35 AM
ok well i pretty much know what i want now. i already have a MBP, VCI300mk2, and my pioneer headphones. planning on buying mackie srm450v2 and what would you guys recommend for a mixer!? i want a decent one but doesn't hurt my pockets. also going to make my own facade and later i will get some lights.

windspeed36
02-18-2012, 04:43 AM
for around $400 US you can get the Soundcraft EF8 mixer - 8 mic inputs, 3 band EQ and built in FX. - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/soundcraft-efx-8-channel-mixer/630344000000000

DJ NuVo
02-19-2012, 01:01 AM
for around $400 US you can get the Soundcraft EF8 mixer - 8 mic inputs, 3 band EQ and built in FX. - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/soundcraft-efx-8-channel-mixer/630344000000000

cant i just buy a two channel dj mixer???

windspeed36
02-19-2012, 04:14 AM
I am assuming your looking for a live sound mixer to plug everything together and then send it to your speakers? you can buy some cheap Behringer crap for $150, but in 2 years you'll need to replace it. The Soundcraft EFX8 is a great little mixer... why would you want to buy a 2 channel DJ mixer?

Lost Connection
02-19-2012, 05:08 AM
why would you want to buy a 2 channel DJ mixer?

Wondering the same thing here... I think you've gotten a little mixed up on the piece of kit you're looking for now.

DJ NuVo
02-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I am assuming your looking for a live sound mixer to plug everything together and then send it to your speakers? you can buy some cheap Behringer crap for $150, but in 2 years you'll need to replace it. The Soundcraft EFX8 is a great little mixer... why would you want to buy a 2 channel DJ mixer?

no im saying can't i just use a two channel mixer to plug in my speakers and then use some rca to plug in my controller!? i understand that you can buy a live sound mixer and do it that way too but im asking can't you do the same with a dj mixer??

DJ Boom Bap
02-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Yes you can, but we are all recommending that you get a live sound mixer. Also, look into RCF speakers instead of those Mackies. Allen & Heath make a pretty sweet compact mixer w/FX that sells for $300.

DJ NuVo
02-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Yes you can, but we are all recommending that you get a live sound mixer. Also, look into RCF speakers instead of those Mackies. Allen & Heath make a pretty sweet compact mixer w/FX that sells for $300.

whats the difference from getting a live sound then a dj mixer!?

DYM
02-19-2012, 05:01 PM
OK buddy hold up with all your exclamation questions here. What you COULD get is a "sound card". The "sound card" connects to your computer and outputs your audio to your speakers. You can plug in your headphones for cue-ing and some can accomodate mic/s. This has nothing to do with you controller.

NOW, you would be BETTER OFF getting a live sound mixer to go from your computer to controller to mixer to speakers. Why? It gives you independent mic channels and master output channels, and allows you to expand in the future.

Another alternative is just output from your VCI.. if you want some microphone channels, look for the ART 3 channel mic mixer... you can plug in three mics and have a volume control for each. It would plug into the single mic input on your VCI.

Please let us know what you ware looking to accomplish so we can better help you.

DJ NuVo
02-19-2012, 07:13 PM
OK buddy hold up with all your exclamation questions here. What you COULD get is a "sound card". The "sound card" connects to your computer and outputs your audio to your speakers. You can plug in your headphones for cue-ing and some can accomodate mic/s. This has nothing to do with you controller.

NOW, you would be BETTER OFF getting a live sound mixer to go from your computer to controller to mixer to speakers. Why? It gives you independent mic channels and master output channels, and allows you to expand in the future.

Another alternative is just output from your VCI.. if you want some microphone channels, look for the ART 3 channel mic mixer... you can plug in three mics and have a volume control for each. It would plug into the single mic input on your VCI.

Please let us know what you ware looking to accomplish so we can better help you.

lol its habit with the exclamation question. well the vci doesn't have any xlrs so it wouldn't help there but i see where you are getting at now. thanks for the help!!!