PDA

View Full Version : Herzblut Night review: Masseyef, Max Cooper, Bodzin

login
12-08-2012, 11:38 PM
This was quite an epic show, it's a rare ocassion here in Mexico city where you get to see three good artist on a single night out in a club so the place was pretty well packed.

The openner was Nicolas Masseyef with his deep/dark tech house. It seemed like an evergoing welcome to what was going to be a very long and hard night at the dancefloor. WHile he has many good tracks I dont think the 2 hours live act was all that intresting, his sound palette across tracks is quite restricted. But neverheless he did a good job warming.

Max Cooper delivered a 2: 30 hours performance, while he has a very distintive sound the style of the songs, from tech house, hard techno and melodic techno made a very interesting journey. The crowd went totally nuts on tracks like "tears of a clown - (pig and dan) max cooper remix", the end of reason and sansula (dominik eulber-cooper remix).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mILaWOJNKiI

Finally Bozin came on the decks (or laptop should I say), I felt the public was quite exceptic on what Bodzin could deliver after Max's blowing performance. Stephan made use of a fader box along a kind of glowstick with leds with which he controlled filter cut off's and resonance, as well as delays and reverbs to manipulate the sounds in his live act, this felt almost like a guitar solo (or I may say a bass line solo?). He kept playing his hard and pumpin techno till 7:30 am.

Overall pretty awesome gig, I recommend it a lot if the Herzblut Night comes across your city, or Max Cooper or Bodzin in their own.