PDA

View Full Version : Dubstep Amateur 13 Minute Dubstep/Darkstep Mix For Your Consideration

Tokenhour
02-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Let me begin by saying I'm new to this website, so I apologize in advance if there's some sort of unspoken level of professionalism that's expected of submission posters, but the only people I can ever get feedback for my Dubstep mixes from are people who will dance to anything that's loud and throw the words "amazing" and "incredible" around with no sound basis of comparison, so I'm hoping some people on this forum can finally give me some honest, grounded feedback. I've only been mixing for a few months now, but I'm finally getting to the point where operating the mixing board & software is second-nature, allowing me to finally start focusing on more intricate transitions & matching songs in complimentary keys. I'm not great at it yet, but I'm learning the basics, and I feel like it's presence can be felt to a small degree. That's what's lead me to finally post here. This is the first mix I've ever recorded that has felt somewhat passable to me. So please, let me know what you honestly think.

Any and all comments, criticisms or tips you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time my mixing has really be exposed to people who are (presumably) knowledgeable of the genre, so I'm excited to hear what people have to say. Thanks in advance for your time & opinions.

Oh, and fair warning, I have a tendency to involve some degree of stupidity & ridiculousness in everything I do. It makes it more fun. This is no exception. Please don't take it too seriously, :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F62Xw7-KRbE

Oh, and I'm using a Numark Mixtrack & Traktor Pro 2 with a custom mapping.

DJWhoQE
02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Tracklist?

Tokenhour
02-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Uhm, the track names are on the video as they drop, but...

Tracklist:
Mood Setter: Rebecca Black - Friday
1. Crissy Criss - Mariostep
2. Dodge & Fuski - Python
3. Eptic - Hyperbeam
4. HULK - Party Kidz
5. Nero - Crush on You (Killsonik Remix)
6. Stratus - Them Raptors
7. KernKraft 400 - Zombie Nation (E-Marce & Proper Villains Remix)
8. Helicopter Showdown - Fight for Blood
9. Mantis - The Spread (ft. Fonz of Atilla)
10. Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (The Algorithm Remix)