PDA

View Full Version : no booth out

djjimmyjam
12-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I have a stanton djc.4 controller and it does not have 'booth out' does that mean i cant dj in a club with this?

Lowercase
12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
you can dj in a club with it. but you wont be able to have a smaller speaker in the booth with you so you can hear what your doing better.

but all the clubs ive been to have their own gear for you to use.

Andrew B
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM
You could plug it into the club's mixer and use their booth monitors.

Or you could use Split Cue. Does it have Split Cue?

Or just use the club's equipment.

djjimmyjam
12-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Do clubs insist on you using their gear? I want to use my own stuuff...you know the. In and outs of your own gear

Andrew B
12-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Do clubs insist on you using their gear? I want to use my own stuuff...you know the. In and outs of your own gear

Some may. Some of the time it's expected, if not enforced. But really, you should be able to use anything to DJ, especially a club-standard setup. As long as you know the fundamentals, you can play on any equipment.

DTWO
05-29-2013, 04:07 PM
i have the same controller,and have an idea (havent tried yet :) )use the balanced out (1/4") to the amp, and the unbalanced (RCA) to a small powered speaker in the booth...

Defiance
05-29-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm so glad every club around here that I play at requires you to bring your own equipment. Check with where you are playing to see what they have, If they have any type of mixer then you should be able to have a booth monitor.

Andrew B
05-29-2013, 05:03 PM
i have the same controller,and have an idea (havent tried yet :) )use the balanced out (1/4") to the amp, and the unbalanced (RCA) to a small powered speaker in the booth...

You would just get the master out to both sets of speakers.

I'm so glad every club around here that I play at requires you to bring your own equipment.

Seriously? I would hate that.

Defiance
05-29-2013, 05:15 PM
You would just get the master out to both sets of speakers.

Seriously? I would hate that.

Minus the guys who have issues with their equipment, it allows for everyone have a unique sound. There are things I simply can't do on CDJs that I can do with my NS6 and vice versa. Everyone using the same equipment all starts to sound the same.

DTR
05-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Everyone using the same equipment all starts to sound the same.

Is that really true?

Andrew B
05-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Is that really true?

If it is true, the equipment is not to blame.

Dj Pudgey
05-30-2013, 01:23 PM
use a sub mixer, like a Mackie 802 and use the control room out as your booth monitor. I do this all the time when I use my Vestax05Pro.

DTWO
07-07-2013, 05:05 PM
use a sub mixer, like a Mackie 802 and use the control room out as your booth monitor. I do this all the time when I use my Vestax05Pro.

that's what i ended up doing, have a Behringer XENYX802, works great :)