PDA

View Full Version : MK2 Tonearm height adjustment

MeowMix
12-06-2012, 10:25 AM
The height adjustment on one of the 1200s is stuck, I need to adjust it only once so I was wondering if i can just force it with a pair of pliers or if I have no choice but to take it apart, clean it and grease it.

I found this video which seems pretty good but if I can save myself the trouble of buying stuff and taking it apart and just force it without doing any damage to it, id rather take the quick route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xJs7J1RViU

dj_vc
12-13-2012, 11:42 PM
I did it with a set of oil filter pliers, but it left a few small marks in the plastic. In the end you will likely have to take apart to clean and lube properly anyways. Once I got the adjustment to move, it was not that easy, I had to take it apart to re-calibrate the height adjustment before I could use it because the whole mechanism shifted. I thought I really fucked it up, but after taking it apart and re-calibrating like I saw in a youtube video it worked out.

MeowMix
12-19-2012, 09:02 AM
I did it with a set of oil filter pliers, but it left a few small marks in the plastic. In the end you will likely have to take apart to clean and lube properly anyways. Once I got the adjustment to move, it was not that easy, I had to take it apart to re-calibrate the height adjustment before I could use it because the whole mechanism shifted. I thought I really fucked it up, but after taking it apart and re-calibrating like I saw in a youtube video it worked out.

Well i guess that decides it.