PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DJM 600 vs. Pioneer DJM 350

Devilchild
12-03-2012, 07:04 AM
***NOTE, TITLE SHOULD HAVE READ PIONEER DJM 250, NOT 350)

Hi everyone,
I am looking into upgrading my mixer. I have always wanted to have one of the bigger Pioneer mixers for different reasons, but mainly because it's the standard in the club and I grew up playing on them there. My budget is only around 400 dollars. For me the pro's of the DJM 600 would be layout is the same or similar to what you find in a club, they were the old standard and have the classic pioneer effects. If I threw an event the DJM600 would also be an acceptable mixer to use. The pro's of the DJM 250 I guess would be the size and sleekness (I really do not need 4 channels),

For your money would you go for a used DJM 600 (in great condition) or a new DJM 250? Sound quality is also a factor here because I do record a lot of mixes to my PC and distribute them. Give me your thoughts.

MouseAT
12-03-2012, 07:46 AM
I'd go for the DJM-250. Every time. It'll be a much better mixer. The DJM 600 never had a good reputation for sound quality, and is seriously old technology now.

The 250 looks to be a massively scaled down version of Pioneer's newer mixer technology. You'll benefit from the better sound and the filters. Other than effects and the two extra channels, you're not really missing out on anything over the 600, and you're gaining a lot. If you can mix on a 250, you'll have some extra toys available when you get to play on its bigger brothers, but the basics will all work exactly as you expect them to.

Devilchild
12-03-2012, 08:17 AM
That's what I had imagined, that the sound quality would not be up to par (I've heard that before). I'm using Denon's $250-300 2-channel mixer (I forget the name) and the EQ's are extremely delicate when recording. The Pioneer stuff seems to be a lot more forgiving and balanced. All I really use in the club is the occasional Flanger or Filter anyway really.

Nicadraus
12-03-2012, 11:03 AM
DJM-250 hands down.

Pros:

-Better sound quality
-Better line/cross faders
-Individual filters are really nice
-Better knobs feel

Cons:

-No booth out
-No PFL on the aux/mix inputs

Although it's only a 2-channel mixer, the extra inputs could also be useful.

:tup:

JackStalk
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I like the DJm-400. It's a 2-channel mixer in your price range and has a similar layout to the 800 (They all do, really). The only drawback is that it doesn't have XLR outputs on it. The effects are useful and it has the choice between 1st channel, 2nd channel, AND master cue out on the headphones.

djlukewathey
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
i bought a second hand djm600 a few months back from my local dj shop, it went straight back and bought a new djm700,

the 600 was terrible it sounded really aggressive and lots of bass but nothing else,

and i think it was slighty broke aswel