PDA

View Full Version : Kaoss pad 3 or quad?

trueborndjross
02-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey,

I'm after something to spice up my DJ sets a bit. I use CDJs but want more flexibility to add effects, samples, loops etc without using laptop software (I like to be more old skool and hands on!). I've been looking at the Korg Kaoss Pad 3 and the Kaoss Pad Quad - any views on which is better? Or a better alternative?

Thanks,
Ross

B.Frank
02-18-2012, 08:33 AM
They're both great units, but the kp3 is more for a live performance where the quad is aimed more at djs. Sure the kp3 has a lot more effects to use and a sampler to boot, but the quad is a lot easier to use on the fly. I think the quad is cheaper too?

Estacy
02-18-2012, 09:27 AM
the price difference is less than 40 bucks. I've used them both and I'd say go for the Kaoss pad. the biggest selling feature of the quad pad is multiple effects at the same time, it ruins your music and is useless. effects that sound good together are on the Kaoss pad anyway. It's got all the effects of the quad and more. also, it has a great sampler which is a lot of fun.
What mixer do you use? because a good send/return is more important than anything, it can make or break the performance of either unit

trueborndjross
02-26-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm using a Numark 5000 FX. It's got it's own built in FX and sampler but I find it a bit clunky to use.

Estacy
02-26-2012, 08:28 AM
that mixer doesn't have send/return, if you want to use either, you're going to have to plug it between your amp and the mixer. the Kaosspad 3 is already useless then because you can't use the sampler

trueborndjross
02-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the tips - might just have to invest in a new mixer as well then :-)