PDA

View Full Version : Looking for like-minded DJs to befriend/collaborate/mix/hang with in Austin, TX

hardtopronounce
11-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Hey folks. I've been DJing for about 8 years now and while I've played numerous house parties, weddings and infinite bedroom sessions alone, I still have not found anyone to collaborate with in Austin, TX. I use a wide selection of genres in my mixes and very rarely stick to just one. I use Vestax Turntables and a Vestax Mixer with Traktor Pro software on a macbook. I also have a Midifighter controller setup for effects.

Im basically looking to befriend any like-minded DJs locally (Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas areas). Im not sure what will come from this but Im hoping to bounce ideas for mixes, blends, techniques, etc off someone else who understands exactly what im doing when I spin (and vice versa. Im always down to dole out positive constructive criticism). I have friends who think its so 'awesome' that im a dj and love to watch me spin, but honestly, they have no clue what im doing and either dont care to learn or I dont have time to sit down and teach them (perhaps if I was paid).

If you think you are interested and want to meet up and shoot the s#!t about our trade, please message me here and we can discuss it. Also check out my soundcloud page so you get an idea of what im into. I dont care if your style or track selection is the antithesis of what I do. Send me links anyways. Im simply trying to educate myself about anything and everything in the industry and perhaps make some good friends along the way who share in my interests. Thanks for reading. Cheers.

Hardtopronounce
www.soundcloud.com/hardtopronounce
http://soundcloud.com/hardtopronounce/sixtyone-mixtape

hardtopronounce
11-26-2012, 12:20 AM
bump.

hardtopronounce
11-27-2012, 07:59 PM
bump?

escho79
11-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey Houston resident here....been living in TX the last 2 years (originally from Florida). Saw your post and thought I would hit you up as I don't have any local friends that are into dj'ing either, which makes it pretty hard to find anyone who really understands what I'm doing as you stated.

Started on vinyl about 12 years ago and continued up until 2005 or so, then sort of fell out of it until just recently got the itch again and picked myself up a controller (in the process of trying to pick up another set of Technics and some used CDJs as well). My style is mainly dark progressive/deep house/ tech house, but trying to be really open-minded to playing new styles as I realize the music has changed and evolved quite a bit since I fell out of dj'ing. As it always was a hobby for me and I probably didn't devote as much time to it as I should have in my later years, my style & techniques are probably not as developed as they should be, so definitely open to some exchanges and criticism, and hopefully can offer what insight I may have in the process :) While our styles are definitely very different, I completely respect that you have a pretty diverse style that doesn't conform to a set genre and recognize the amount of skill that it takes to pull that type of mixing off.

Here's a link to my mixcloud mixes:

http://www.mixcloud.com/Escho79/

I make it up to Austin occasionally and am definitely open to some criticism and hopefully can offer some of mine...let me know..

hardtopronounce
11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks for responding. I'll take a listen to your mixes and send some notes. I sent a friend request on djforums.com. We can correspond here for now until we feel comfortable exchanging emails or numbers. Looking forward to talking shop. Peace.

Htp