PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer HDJ-500 Cable Acc

chamath
11-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Hi

the star8 cable of the Pioneer HDJ-500 was stolen.so we thoot to make one...can some one tell me about the specific connectors that need to make that cable....are they 3.5mm and 2.5mm jaks?

JFunk
11-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi,
Yes the HDJ-500 have a 2.5mm socket on the headphone end and you can attach any jack you like on the other end but the socket is slightly recessed in the earcup so it will be tricky to find a solder on jack that will fit. You may be better off buying a new cable even though they are a bit expensive. If you want to do it on the cheap you may be able to find a cable a bit like this one
http://www.thatcable.com/product/3-5mm-to-2-5mm-Jack-Audio-Cable-Plug-to-Plug
and then use a craft knife to trim down the outer casing a bit to make it fit - but no guarantees it will work

anestakos
03-26-2013, 02:47 AM
I just saw this thread!I just broke my cable and the replacement cables are really expensive!Mate did u try that out?i think that this can work actually

djjtrip
05-20-2013, 11:05 AM
I have gone out and purchased a mini->3.5mm adapter from radio shack and tried it with a regular cable.They worked for about 2 seconds then quit (i figured cuz the cord was lose) but now the headphones have lost all bass, the music is distorted badly, and at low volume even though i have it maxed on laptop/mixer. Is it possible to use an adapter? Has anyone done so, because i read that pioneer's cables were proprietary which could cause issues. I read somewhere that you can take them apart to create a better connection so i plan to try that and ill let you guys know if it works. I dropped like 20$ trying to repair these cans because 50$ for a cable on 90$ cans is ridiculous, and in my book the 20$ i spent was ridiculous, its cable ... 5 bucks call it even lol
Also i did not buy gold tipped adapter or cable, would that possibly be the reason why?

djjtrip
05-20-2013, 11:42 AM
OK update... took me less than 3 minutes to fix using the "cheap" adapter and cable i purchased. All you have to do is take the foam off of the earpiece (it goes back easily), then remove the 3 screws in the speaker and carefully remove speaker (DO NOT CUT WIRES JUST KEEP IT CLOSE). Where your cable plugs in there should be plenty of room for you to measure how much of the adapter molding (plastic casing) you need to remove. Mark where you need to peel off the plastic/rubber on the adapter, and do so. Then make sure the cans are working properly and the connection is good, then seal em back up. When putting the foam back on the earpiece its easiest to put 1 side of the foam on then rotate it. It will pull the rest of the foam into the slot where its supposed to be. That's it, your done. Pioneer's proprietary cable has a longer tip than the "regulation" size so instead of pay those bastards more money for a POS cable that should be cheap just do this. Your cans will work perfectly, mine are!