PDA

View Full Version : It was a great party until....

DJ Highline
02-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Ok so here is an open thread to tell stories of things that have ruined an otherwise great night. So let story telling time begin.

Last week I had a great party going. We had a decent turnout and a pretty good energy in the crowd. Every week its someone's birthday and we usually make a big deal about it (especially if they bought a birthday package or its one of our regulars). So the party is going and the birthday girl gets there and is having a great time. We close up at about 2am and I'm hanging out and the birthday girl is slumped over a table and then just throws up all over the place. Ok no problem drunk girl at the end of the night. Well eventually her friends get her on the floor laying on her side so she doesn't choke on her own vomit...slapping her trying to keep her conscious. It turns out that before coming to the club, her and her friend drank a fifth of vodka and tequila and then had a ton of drinks and shots at the club. In come the paramedics to make sure she doesn't die of alcohol poisoning. All of this happening right in front of the exit door that I need to go out of to go home. I thought it would be a bit prudish to simply step over her with my gear on my way out.

Now I failed to mention that we are on the second floor with an elevator that I've never seen work and a very "plump" girl. So the paramedics had to call in back up to get her down to the ambulance. They needed like 8 people and this big orange tarp thing that they rolled her in to drag her drunk ass down the stairs (it kind of looked like a group of people moving an aquatic mammal). And to make things worse I heard when they got to the bottom of the stairs they accidentally dropped her. Then off to hospital she went were I am sure she was very confused when she woke up the next afternoon.

Yea it was a great party until.....

Your turn.

DJ Matt
02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
back when i used to dj techno, i used to play in a club on a fairly dodgy side of town.
one night somebody smashed a glass over the head of another guy on the dancefloor and caused chaos in the bar basically divided into two hoards of people screaming at eachother. all the lights turned on and i was told to switch off the music about half an hour earlier than normal, i had to literally run with my record bag from the door straight into a taxi because the fight was continuing outside.

djshawn
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I was having a great saturday nite at the "Red Coconut Club" here at Universal, mind you this club's booth is on the second floor too (kinda odd)......... Well anyway a fight started on the first floor in the V.I.P. area, security was called at this point, it was just a pushing match (not a big deal) ......... however Orlando PD showed up and tried to taze one of the fighters. Next thing I know it was an all out brawl in the V.I.P.!!! One of the cops then pulled out a can of pepper spray, and now I had mace everywhere in a fully packed club. Can you imagine the situation??? Everyone on the 1st floor ran to the door to avoid the spray. Everyone on the second floor ran out to the balcony. My tech and I had to shut everything down, while coughing and hacking up pepper spray........ it was absolutely terrible, I could barely breathe. I finally got my gear out of there, and was able to flush my face with water. Afterwards I went home and opened a bottle of Crown. Joy!!! the life of a DJ....

DJArmani
02-17-2012, 11:26 AM
so the girl kinda looked like this?
http://www.gdargaud.net/Antarctica/Life/WeddellSeal.jpg
:lol:

DJ Highline
02-17-2012, 05:28 PM
@ DJShawn ....nice haven't been to red coconuts much...but its a nice place...enjoyed it when Jazzy Jeff came through a few months ago. Sorry to hear about you gettin sprayed...that had to have sucked

@ DJArmani....kinda....just wrap in orange tarp and have it vomit...

DjDisArm
02-17-2012, 07:08 PM
lolol shouldve manned the harpoons

DJNR
02-17-2012, 08:52 PM
It was a great party until a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood!