PDA

View Full Version : Failed Login Notification on djforums.com

Shay.ca
11-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I have been getting the following email EVERY 15 min for HOURS!

It reads:

Dear Shay.ca,

Someone has tried to log into your account on djforums.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

All the best,
djforums.com

///////

Can we please BAN that IP address. It was not me trying to log in and I have been lucky enough to get logged in right now. Every time I tried it said max attempts used and to try again in 15 min.

No Idea who it is but I would like it stopped.

Dix
11-14-2012, 06:43 PM
You might send "Stripe" a PM so he can look into this... just in case he doesn't see this thread. FYI, he is in NY state so he is having trouble with internet since Sandy tore everything up over there but he does try to get on every day now. Hope this helps. Good luck :)

Andrew B
11-14-2012, 07:09 PM
I'll check the IP address. BRB

edit: that's your IP address

Shay.ca
11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
I just got another email a bit ago, its different than the IP posted above... now I am wondering if the problem is with tapatalk. I did a google search of "Whats my IP" and it matched the new email. I wonder if there is some bug with tapatalk software and the forum now. (Editing out the IP in first post as it is probably my work IP)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING INTO IT. I will check tapatalk to see if there is a update or something that could be causing the issue and update.

EDIT: There is an update from a few days ago. I am d/l it now and will test it out and keep you posted. Thanks for being awesome MODS!

Shay.ca
11-14-2012, 09:43 PM
I d/l the update and gave it some time. I was able to log in just fine. I guess we can close this thread now that we have it figured out. Looks like some update with tapatalk fixed it. I was scared someone was trying to hack my account over and over every 15 min all day long!

Andrew B
11-14-2012, 10:24 PM
:tup: