PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum! Wanted to show off new promo video...

bunndjco
02-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Please read and understand the forum rules:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_djf_rulesandguidelin es

#8 - Spam will not be tolerated. It will be deleted and the user posting it will be warned/banned. If you have music or equipment to sell, start a thread in the relevant forum section. Any commercial sales or promotions require a vendor account (please see the vendor FAQ for more information) note: If your first (and only) post is "check out my site" or any other link it WILL be deleted. Same goes for sites looking for djs, Threads like that will be considered spam and removed.

Manu
02-16-2012, 01:24 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/wji5o0.gif

neg rep ban etc

Favorite Track
We Found Love-Rihanna

IP ban

bunndjco
02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
If someone would explain how what I'm posting is spam I'll stop! I can't post our new promo video here? I don't get it. Educate me on these forums please!

Manu
02-16-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll stop!

Too late, please read the terms and conditions again.

bunndjco
02-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh ok, the sales part? I edited that out. Let's try it again?

Manu
02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
:facepalm:

l0ckd0wn
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
I think the point that Manu is trying to get across is that your first three posts don't contribute anything to the forum and just advertise yourself. One thing a lot of new members fail to recognize about this place is that it is a community and not an advertising platform. It is great for you that you have a promo video, and I understand you are probably very proud of your advertising video, but to the rest of us that is all it is. This would have probably been a bit more warmly accepted if you would have posted it in the Mobile DJ forum because it is geared towards that audience. The production quality of your video is good and the message is humorous, but it's just an advertisement.

Consider if someone showed up to your place of discussion and just posted random advertisements in the area where general conversation on DJing and music is talked about; this is what you have brought to the table thus far.

Making contributions to threads and discussions here on the board, maybe posting an introduction of yourself in the appropriate forum, reading the FAQ, and getting to know the way the community works before trying to promote yourself can generally go a long way in the way people respond to what you are posting.

Simply, you posted a video of your company as if this was the classifieds of a newspaper, thus why no one has much to say about it.