PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade uplighting fleet wireless? Colorado?

wapples
11-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi all will have to update my uplighting setup soon to accommodate some larger venues. Have a mixed bag of things now with no complaints. Have some rgbaw cans and love the colour pallets but want to upgrade some of the rails. Chauvet Colorado keep coming back as a very solid fixture but for the price of 1 or 2 I can buy 12 similar lights from china. I did ash similar and iam aware of limitations but what's the vibe what brands are you guys sticking with?

Also wireless. It would be nice to clean up DMX runs but not essential and or battery powered. Iam suspicious but they really do seem to have come along way thoughts on this always appreciated. Current uplighting equipment include adj Chaucer and some Martin plus se cheap Chinese bits all have had some ups and downs but reliability is always the key. Hope to be driving more programs from Chauvet showxpress as opposed to manually programming board unless I'm told otherwise

STLRiverCity
11-10-2012, 09:00 AM
I have a dozen Chauvet Colorado Tour 1 fixtures and a few Batten 72 fixtures. They are definitely built to last as they are tour grade fixtures. The cost of that durability is weight. These things are made from cast aluminum, they weigh a few pounds each. Really overkill for weddings.

I'd look at Blizzard or the Chauvet DJ line of fixtures. Chauvet has some wireless and battery fixtures.

wapples
11-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Yes those wireless and battery fixtures have come along way at the moment and have played with some illuminated furniture fixtures where the LED boxes go for almost forever with excellent light output. OVERKILL is always better since we have big old town halls that need mammoth amounts of light to illuminate. The Colorado seems to be the way I will go

wapples
11-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Chauvet Colorail vs Colorado.