PDA

View Full Version : Battle Voting DJF Trance Tourney '12: Sedna-vs-JackStalk

Rek_Aviles
11-01-2012, 09:33 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Ellissentials/DJFTranceTourny2012.jpg
ROUND 3 - SEMI FINALS

MIX 1 (http://djfbattles.com/battles/TranceTourney2012/R3/DJFTranceTournament2012-Sedna-vs-JackStalk-1.mp3)

MIX 2 (http://djfbattles.com/battles/TranceTourney2012/R3/DJFTranceTournament2012-Sedna-vs-JackStalk-2.mp3)

RULES:
45 minute length.

The final track of each mix must have started by the end minute mark.

Ghost votes do not count in the final score. In order for a vote to count, there must be a comment made by the voter and he/she must have over 50 confirmed posts on DJForums.com.

MORE DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?11940-Djf-2012-trance-tournament-rules-amp-entry-thread

**Will display users who voted, and what choice they voted for.**

Ellissentials
11-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Will be getting to this very soon. :D

Surprised there's no votes on this one yet :shrug:

ChrisHynds
11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Ive listened to both sets while training, Ill have a better listen and give feedback asap, I already know which I like best but want to drop a proper feedback with my vote :)

Delta V
11-05-2012, 06:25 PM
IMix 1: Like this groovy intro. Good moderate tempo. This is a really good intro track. 1st mix here, or not the player crashed, brb downlding, gonna grab some subs and be back after I download these.

Edit: by subs i mean sandwiches not subwoofers lol

Resume: first mix was good but felt fast, don't think this second song really fits with the funkiness of that first baseline. Third track comin in at round 9.00 min. good match and bass flip. Cool breakdown here on the third track. I program really similar to you with two driving intro tracks then a long breakdown on the third. sounds like you're mixing already here late in the 12th min. That wailing high synth is cool I hope you let it play out. Yep, you do still in the mix at like 14+ min you should play old school prog n tech they mix records for days. Well I could have sworn that I heard some different elements but maybe it was all the same track, not sure anymore with this lighter one coming in at 16 min. Very pretty track here. Mix out sounded slightly off, and a little bass heavy. Speaking off bass heavy this tune is booty shakin trance I tell you what. The tempo feels slower now, don't know if it's just this chuggy baseline or what. Mix out of this stomper sounded ok. I'm a sucker for stutter vocal things so I'll prolly dig this tune, although the piano sounds like a Christmas song. Mix out was okay, getting really soft here not sensing where this mix is headed. Some good ending tunes here though. On to mix 2.

Mix 2 is a bit slower and deeper. getting a more consistent vibe from this dj. first few are mixed well. This mix just flows, however no tunes are really standing out for me so far. At least untill 24 min this good. After that some 303 goodness, this mix is shaping up that's for sure. OHhh Senza Fine I love this tune. second half of this mix was pretty enjoyable.

gonna go for mix 2, I think it had better mixing and a far better sense if where it was going.

DJ Nutty
11-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Mix 1

. Interesting funky intro.
. Good smooth 1st into.
. Very bouncey trancey track this, I like it.
. Not the greatest transition next, but ok. Didn't really gel, and the melodies were quite close together.
. Not my cup of tea these tracks mid way through.
. Really smooth and good blending throughout the rest of the track.

A very good mix, virtually no errors at all. One of two transitions could be slightly better, but nothing major.

Mix 2

. Nice dreamy intro.
. Lovely 1st track, though sounded like a tiny amount of clipping going on at its loudest part.
. Great smooth transition into next track. Keeping the flow going nicely.
. Quite techno sounding at the moment.
. Great sounding set soo far into the mix.
. Also another very smooth transition into more upbeat track.
. About halfway now and nicely transitioned into a pounding beat. Nice :)
. Great powering trance throughout the end here.

An awesome mix from start to finish, if I had to make a criticism, it would be to lower your recording levels.
There was a touch of clipping going on here and there and the mix is very loud. But from a mixing perspective,
couldn't find any faults at all. Awesome job.

A very tough decision this one, but Mix 2 had me bobbing along alot more and I thought it was petty flawless mixing
wise from start to finish, so I'm going with Mix 2!

ChrisHynds
11-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Ok so :-

Mix 1 - I liked the first half of the set, nice to hear some higher BPM tracks, the mixing was solid throughout the set I didnt find any major flaws, although the set structure didnt quite cut it for me, about halfway through the set you really changed up the flow and it wasnt doing it for me, the tracks were ok and the mixing was good, if you had of continued the set as you started I would have got into it a lot more. Solid mixing.

Mix 2 - Deeper vibes in this set, I was feeling the track selection and direction from the opening track, major points for opening with Markus Schulz - Gypsy Room, top track. whose on the remix on that one? Mixing throughout again was solid but at this stage in the comp, you kinda expect that. I had a much better connection with this set and thought the set flowed much smoother from beginning to end.

My vote goes to Mix 2

great work from both!!!!

Ellissentials
11-10-2012, 10:32 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Ellissentials/EllissentialsReview-1.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Ellissentials/EllissentialsReview-1.jpg

Mix 1: ◄PLAY► Great funky intro. Love that female vox that pans around in the first minute, this is really building up nicely. As the track moves along, I find myself nodding along. 4:54 is mix in point I believe... decent transition. Second track is building energy, good stuff. Surely still has my head nodding. 8:45 or so, I'm noticing some pads etc from incoming track in the back here. @9:13 there's a slight energy change, bit odd transition. @9:43 and on a little bit after, you're fighting em a little bit. 11:25, man this breakdown is supreme! Loving this almost euphoric and epic guitar synth thing. 12:30 I hear slight double beats of incoming track, but you're babysitting them and keeping it together. 13:44, more of the track is coming in. Many phrases have gone by and you're still holding this mix together.. tricky. 14:40 it starts taking over a bit more.. still seems like you're fighting to keep em on. 15:09 new track breaksdown, other keeps going... then some bass kick comes in from incoming.. and at 15:42 there's quite a lot of clashing going on. Tonal and timing clash. 16:07 new track fully takes over and the mix is back to sounding good. Pretty sure that last track was clipping slightly in the 10KHz range also. 17:52, really enjoying this breakdown. @19:13 when it finally drops, I've come to the conclusion this track doesn't fit your set as well. 21:53 seems there's a new element coming in. By 22:09 the incoming starts taking over.. and here's this rising that fits your last few tracks a bit better. 22:36, oh HECK YES. This is great... and like I said, fit the rest of your set minus this last track before this one. Not a big fan of the crazy synth lines in this after it gets really going, very "synthy" :lol: Only way I can describe it. 27:57 I'm noticing new elements, and surprisingly that quick mix into the new track worked well and maintained a good flow. Cheers to that one. 33:17 ish I start noticing elements, so good transition here. 34:10, yeah sounding good together. 36:19, another awesome breakdown for this set. 39:02 I believe it mix in point.. after this I start noticing some newer elements. Everything is going together nicely on this one. 39:31 we're getting full take over.. love the build. 40:10.. wow crazy drop right here. Very super synthy track after it gets going.. not fully for me, but over all good stuff. err.. 44:45 why did you end the track? There was a few more moment till 45:00 to hit, and you still had track left. :shrug:

Mix 2: ◄PLAY► Also a great intro track. Crazy nice vocal floatin around here to start. @1:06, I'm already "in a trance" so we'll see what happens here! 2:00 in and here we go, blast off! 2:33, man I'm feeling this track! 5:25, wow I'm seriously floating with this one, woo! Around 6:00 or so I believe new elements are coming in. @ 6:31, new track fully comes in.. blends very well, granted it was slight abrupt (very slightly... this is blending well). 9:25: Really digging this section... this track is sweet. Great energy in these first two tracks. 12:30.. lots of pads and rising sounds going on in this.. very "Trance" to me. And then a spoken vocal shortly after, nice. 15:10 is definite new mix in spot, but I believe it must've been mixed in before this. Blending extremely well, and songs flow together wonderfully! @19:44 Wooooo just can't stop nodding to this set. Great sounds. 20:10ish I think was mix in spot for next. 20:50 it's starting to get a bit "busy" but at 21:06 it's a total take over and everything sounds excellent together! Quite digging this one. 23:30 is absolute Trance bliss at its finest! Feeling nostalgic.. this is good. @24:57 it starts to get a little bit super synthy and it deters my taste momentarily. 25:53, new track? Wowsers what a great transition if so! @26:22 my thoughts were confirmed and wow does this take off. Nice! Sound really driving stuff in this one. 30:06 is epic, and then there's some crazy super synths (and slight distortion) on the drop.. not feelin' that personally. 31:06 this track is back to being awesome for me :D 31:41 I believe some new elements are slipping in, but wow this is mixed well. Phrase matched great, beat matched great.. man when that new bass drops this is ON! Good stuff. :tup: 34:26, this is a classic sounding Trance breakdown. 36:14 NICE drop.. yes! Another vocal that "floats around" going on.. love it. 38:05, new track with slammed bassdrop. Everything is matched well. 38:46 track is taking over fully. Good quick mix, kept the flow still. 42:00.. was that you doing a slow fade / slow bass fade? Sorry, just curious if that was a cop out or just the production :) 42:40 is definite mix in spot. Everything is on and matched well even tho I heard a few small slips on this one. 43:29, full take over and this track mixes very well with last track. Quite a decent tracklist so far. 44:30.. more floating around sounds. Wins me over every time hah. Nice then back to a seriously good track after a quick breakdown. 45:39, man that subtle vox type sound in the background that comes in for a few moments is awesome. OH this is classic! I see which track this is(Just not familiar with this remix.. I love it)!!! Pff.. yeah you win. Excellent mix from beginning to end. By the way, nice ending with FX and letting the track end as if to say "goodbye."

Mix 2 wins this for me. Great to both of you, and regardless of who wins, my hat is OFF to you Jack for stepping in and filling so fast and creating a set for this to move along. You deserve all the rep that can be dished :tup:

Sedna
11-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks for your votes, guys. I've gotta "spread some rep around" :mad: but I'll get you guys eventually!

matthecool
11-11-2012, 10:22 AM
This is nice, great music.

Sedna
11-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Seems this is over. I was mix 2. Thanks for the votes, guys and gals! Huge props to Jack for putting in the effort here to replace my original opponent. Thanks a lot, man!

Tracklist, for those curious-

1. Markus Schulz - Gypsy Room
2. Adam Antine - Malignant
3. Airwave & John 00 Fleming - The Absolute Relativity
4. 00db - Keymantia
5. Protoculture - Cobalt
6. Paul Oakenfold - Glow in the Dark
7. Touchstone - Senza Fine (Paul Todd Remix)
8. Magnus - Velvet (John O'Callaghan Remix)
9. BT - Flaming June (Paul van Dyk Remix)

Cheers, and see you guys in the finals!

JackStalk
11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Lets see if I can properly ID mine. I made it last minute after pulling an all-nighter so we could keep the competition going. No excuse though, I was clearly beaten on this mix. Most of the tracks are only a month or two old, with the exception of Rebound

Tracklist:

Reaky - Magnum Orca (Retro Mix)
Reaky, Skaivox - Collective Insanity
Physical Dreams - Storm (Miami Mafia Remix)
MDK - Mustang
Mino Safy - Respect The Others
Ronnie Play, Bartlett Bros - Massive (Fabio XB Rework)
Mark Nails - Last Call Before Sunset
Matt Zo, Arty - Rebound