PDA

View Full Version : I am debating in using this earbud Klipsch Image S4 In-Ear Headphones

DJ_Funky_CVREV
10-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Can you tell me about these headphones? I want to buy them cause they are on sale, but I really want beats by Dre... HELP!!! lol

LINK (http://www.nomorerack.com/daily_deals/view/124200-klipsch_image_s4_in_ear_headphones___black)

KLH
10-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Welcome to DJF, DJ_Funky_CVREV.

I have not worn these particular headphones, but I will say that I have tried to DJ with IEMs and I prefer my regular cans (Sony MDR-7506) because of the superior isolation. Granted the IEMs I tried were ~$40 but I experienced ear fatigue wayyy sooner than I expected with the IEMs.

YMMV.

-KLH

oliosky
10-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Don't buy Beats by Dre. Please, for the love of all things sacred and good.

Sigma
10-31-2012, 11:04 PM
My internal spam alarm is being triggered by this thread. Could that link just be promoting that particular deals site?

JackStalk
11-01-2012, 12:32 AM
something about your damn leather jacket?

KLH
11-01-2012, 06:16 AM
My internal spam alarm is being triggered by this thread. Could that link just be promoting that particular deals site?
Same here. Interestingly enough, these IEMs seem popular with the portable MP3 crowd... so I can see interest from DJs.

-KLH

moyo wilde
11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
1) those are not going to give you enough sound isolation.

2) i don't think any decent piece of dj equipment is going to cost you under $50 short of rca cables.

3) those aren't IEMs.

2) real iem's isolate the sound waaaaaaaayyyyyy better than dj headphones. link to a good review:

"Over-ear DJ-style headphones have been an industry icon for decades but their time as the de facto DJ standard might be over. With the rise in popularity of digital DJ software and new automated mixing methods such as clip warping and sync, over-ear headphones may no longer have a good technical reason for remaining in your DJ arsenal other than their professional appearance. Aesthetics aside, in-ear monitors, or IEMs, offer better performance, several technical advantages and may potentially save your DJ career – three excellent reasons to consider using them. In this article we will look at some of top models available to help you choose which IEMs might be a good fit for your rig."

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/10/13/the-best-in-ear-monitors-for-djs/

Baller95
11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Klipsch.

DJ_Funky_CVREV
11-01-2012, 12:19 PM
I appreciate the comment and will buy the Klipsch Image S4.

I am a new DJ and catching on so Thanks for the comments about IEM's. This earbud was referred to me by another DJ I know. Here is his link on soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/d-calderon). Thanks

Buszaj
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
If you want IEMs for DJing, Shure SE 425 or 535. Next level up are custom from Westone or Sensaphonics. You're running $700+ then.

KLH
11-01-2012, 04:52 PM
3) those aren't IEMs.
That's what I was afraid of. I keep reading that proper IEMs are incredible. I've gotta try some real ones.

-KLH

Connor
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
S4s are absolutely WONDERFUL but for that price(didn't click your link but I'm assuming they're $80 or so; that's how much they've always been) get the Shure SE215s with foam tips.