PDA

View Full Version : Where to find really good, higher energy house?

dj daywalker
10-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I need places to find good house other than the current charts. For electro I've gone through hundreds of mixes on youtube searching for tracks but I cant really do that for house because searching for "house mix" obviously doesn't give me what I want. I do have quite a few tracks but becuase now I am key mixing and doing live mashups I need more tracks.

Can anyone reccomend some good places? Maybe blogs I can go though the archives of, djs on youtube that upload a lot of house, djs whos set lists i should check out, ect.

Im talking about stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qelalzyD73g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeW2ga9j7Pk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8_tO23OmTQ

DJAkash
10-29-2012, 09:14 PM
look up best of .... LOL
Beatport.

PS. no one will just give you a setlist if they are hardworking DJ's

Andrew B
10-29-2012, 09:28 PM
www.beatport.com

dj daywalker
10-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Haha by besides the charts I meant besides places like beatport. Yes I know I can go through every house song ever on beatport but their are more efficient ways to build a library.

dj daywalker
11-11-2012, 08:01 PM
buuummppp

JeffJensen
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
First try looking at the artists of the tracks that you already like. Then look at possible remixes by other artists. That is what I would do to try and find similar sounding tracks.

Trackitdown.com has a great way of labeling the sub-genres of their tracks. I do not like the prices compared to beatport.com, but most of the time you can find the same tracks there.

thehadgi
11-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Haha by besides the charts I meant besides places like beatport. Yes I know I can go through every house song ever on beatport but their are more efficient ways to build a library.

Well, short of someone getting down on one knee with a silver platter and offering up setlists and fully organized libraries to you, I'm not sure there are. Where exactly are you getting this idea that building a quality library is easy and efficient? It takes hours and hours and months and years of hunting, digging, listening, and accidental discovery to get there.

Connor
11-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Trackitdown is way too expensive ($3.50 for a track get out of here) but they label subgenres which I absolutely love.

Finnish_Fox
11-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I rarely use Beatport for house... try Stompy and Traxsource.

dj daywalker
11-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Well, short of someone getting down on one knee with a silver platter and offering up setlists and fully organized libraries to you, I'm not sure there are. Where exactly are you getting this idea that building a quality library is easy and efficient? It takes hours and hours and months and years of hunting, digging, listening, and accidental discovery to get there.

lol, you have no idea. thats all I am going to say

Finnish_Fox
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
On second thought, I am not sure if Stompy or Traxsource would have "high energy" (which I read as progressive) house.